Bait Island Smallmouth Bass are “On Fire!!” ????

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
It is our first day out bass fishing since the bass opener last saturday.It has been steady action for myself and my wife since 11 a.m. today
catching smallmouth bass on leeches & artificial baits!! Thanks to @Duck Soup & his wife about the good fishing there at Bait Island yesterday. ??? Tight lines to All & Bass ON!! ?????

Attachments

• 35F17712-FDD9-4E55-BEBB-8BCCC10F5064.jpeg
    35F17712-FDD9-4E55-BEBB-8BCCC10F5064.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 210
All sides produced fish for us on Sunday.
We hit bigger fish on the Rowan side drift

We were out today too. Did not have that kind of success. I never even got to land one, lost two at the boat. Was a real disappointment.

I struggle to chew gum and walk at the same time while you blast a ? WHILE holding a bass! Glad you two got out on the bay together finally (y)

Will the bass move out to the main lake when the water warms up?
Yes @one.last.cast the smallmouth bass will move out to the main lake,once the weather warms up more in the inner bay. Right now the water temperature is around 77 degrees fahrenheit in under 7 feet of water were my wife & I were fishing yesterday. ? ????

It is our first day out bass fishing since the bass opener last saturday.It has been steady action for myself and my wife since 11 a.m. today
catching smallmouth bass on leeches & artificial baits!! Thanks to @Duck Soup & his wife about the good fishing there at Bait Island yesterday. ??? Tight lines to All & Bass ON!! ?????
'leeches' means artificial lures or real ones?

Yes @one.last.cast the smallmouth bass will move out to the main lake,once the weather warms up more in the inner bay. Right now the water temperature is around 77 degrees fahrenheit in under 7 feet of water were my wife & I were fishing yesterday. ? ????
Water at bait island was 74.7 degree yesterday. Up from sunday at 73. Mine is taken at 4 feet down. They have already started to spread out and will soon move

'leeches' means artificial lures or real ones?
Real leeches @Jsyangyu that my wife was using at $8.00 a dozen at Sandboy Marina where we picked ours up before fishing yesterday.I was using the artificial,(plastic),leeches sold in packages at any fishing store’s.

I struggle to chew gum and walk at the same time while you blast a ? WHILE holding a bass! Glad you two got out on the bay together finally (y)
Yes @Extra Virgin we finally both got out bass fishing fishing finally & it was the first time this year that I had the boat out,(for numerous of reason’s),and there will be a couple of more smallmouth bass trip’s in the inner bay,before the smallmouth bass vacate the area for cooler,deeper water for their liking. ? ????

Good job there @Red Hering we boated at least 40 on Sunday at bait island. Cheers. Perch fishing this Friday then troll back to port Cheers
That’s good fishing there @poconokidII from your trip last Sunday at bait island.We figured if we would of started fishing there a lot earlier at Bait Island yesterday,instead of starting to fish at 11 a.m.,we would of likely caught a lot more bass!! But no complaints from us,for we both caught well over a dozen smallmouth bass,for the short time that we were there fishing.Good luck to you fishing this Friday for perch,etc. ?????

Looks like you and the Mrs. had a fun day with the smallmouth @Red Hering. Congrats!
Thanks @stomp We definitely did!! The smallmouth bass is her favourite fish to catch!! She is already looking forward to getting back out there on the bay & catching those “feisty” high leaping smallmouth bass again real soon!! 48DDA917-17C6-4C04-9A22-C6800574E896.jpeg Our dog’s were fishing with us as well yesterday,& they caught a catfish!! :oops::eek:;) lol:ROFLMAO: ?????

One of my favourites to catch too @Red Hering. I'm passing on my annual fishing trip aboard the Green Wing, but many of the other usuals are already in the same bubble so I think they are heading out with Derek in the near future. Hopefully the smallies hang around long enough in the Inner Bay.

The area around Bait Island has been pretty hot for several years now. This year it was on fire as you declared. Hope to encounter a few more good days in 2020.

The area around Bait Island has been pretty hot for several years now. This year it was on fire as you declared. Hope to encounter a few more good days in 2020.
Likewise for my wife & myself as well @Duck Soup to hopefully encounter a few more good days of bass fishing like we had yesterday,in 2020.The bass fishing that we had yesterday was fantastic,and there were a lot of big bass caught by us & released,for future generations to enjoy. ? ???:)

I have concentrated on pickerel since I started fishing Erie 3 seasons ago but want to try some of that hot bass action...would you mind sharing how to get to Bait island

I have concentrated on pickerel since I started fishing Erie 3 seasons ago but want to try some of that hot bass action...would you mind sharing how to get to Bait island
From the Maps link above @Rheal ... Whitefish Bar Island shown below is the official name for Bait Island. Like the bait sales on the island, the whitefish are long gone.

1593615876515.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks