Off Topic Bah Humbug

Well @Red Gator , I'm making my own list, which I will be checking twice, but sure, send it along if you wish. ;):p
I want 19 okuma coldwater reels please Santa...
coldwater-line-counter.jpg

Well, you are on the right list Bob. I'll see what I can do, but no promises.

What is up with today's youth?

What ever happened to the days when a ball or a box of sidewalk chalk was enough? ;):unsure:🙂😂

@hvyhaul that white stuff is wonderful😂. I plow snow for a landscaping company and this year I’m driving a new 2020 Cat 908M loader. It’s fully loaded with an air ride seat and heated. I don’t even want to get out out of it. Bring on the white stuff😂😂😂
BB8954C9-7C0E-42C3-A098-C444D4A22E5C.jpeg

You will get your wish in the near future @Three Bouys and that's quite the big boy toy.

The post was a "tongue in cheek", but threads take their own unique paths. LOL

I ran the North for years, and have many fond memories of doing so in the Winter, up to and including one trip hauling gasoline to Smooth Rock, my steering in cabover 189 seizing as I entered the curves south of Latchford. Planted both feet on the floor and worried it through the curves and then on up to Cobalt Truck Stop.

Mechanic unthreaded the plug in the bottom of the steering box, nothing. Got out a torch and got at it. At first, nothing, then lumps, sludge, milk, mud.

Frozen solid, and obviously rarely if ever maintained.

Never steered better after that service visit. LOL

See? I love Winter and snow too. 🤪🤣

@hvyhaul how was the food at Cobalt ? On our fly-ins we always stopped there for breakfast. Then on to Hearst, they were great trips, wish I was young again.

@Red Fisher I didn't normally stop there as it was out of sync with our customers back in the day.

When I delivered fuel/gas, Cobalt was too close to N Liskeard or Kirkland Lake to make sense as a stop.

Running up 11, I used to stop at the Happing La ding in South River, (somebody kept stealing the N), or Marcel's "The Bay" in N. Bay and then Butler Lake when it they existed and then the Driftwood when heading to Smooth Rock/Kap/Hearst.

Running up 17 I used to stop at The Stallion or Parry Sound Trk Stop northbound and then Nairn Centre and then any place with enough room towards the Soo. Never liked Husky.

I doubt many of them are left save Nairn Centre today.

Last edited:
@hvyhaul : Now Happy Landing, that was our stop going moose/deer hunting many years ago. Yup getting VERY old but nice to read of days gone by for me. Thx for all the info, bet you could write a book on the idiots you've seen on the road. You must have a huge mileage count under your belt.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks