Backus Conservation Video

Ingold Archery

A while back, one of our members did a video on Backus Conservation. I'm looking for it, but unable to find it anywhere. Can someone help me out.
Thanks
Brad

It was Deer Creek A Great escape done by Ryan (bragging rights posted may 12 2016 excellent video

yep, that's it. I am looking for a place to take grandkids fishing. It don't need to be big fish, but lots of them. Would this be a good place to start?

I'm pretty sure the LPRCA is allowed to use a motor boat in their own reservoir as required....

I am just pointing out the fact that its misleading. It looks like (at first glance of the video) anyone can use a gas engine in that lake. Lake Erie is too rough for my family most times we head down. So when I show up there with my wife and kids, just to be turned away because I didnt research the lake rules before I left...... I guess thats my fault.

Just letting everyone else know before they make the trip.

I am just pointing out the fact that its misleading. It looks like (at first glance of the video) anyone can use a gas engine in that lake. Lake Erie is too rough for my family most times we head down. So when I show up there with my wife and kids, just to be turned away because I didnt research the lake rules before I left...... I guess thats my fault.

Just letting everyone else know before they make the trip.

Understood, I kind of missed your point I guess. My bad.

I have a bow mount electric, but they would not allow me to launch my boat because there is a gas engine on the back. Even after I told them i would only be under power from my electric, the answer was still NO.

Hahaha you must of ran into Helga the arm wresting champ! !!. There rules are not consistent at all. They will let small gas engines in if you leave the fuel can on shore. Then they would let bigger boats if you left keys on shore. Just depends time of year and who is working. It's borderline ridiculous that you can't use your I pilot or bow mount to putt around. If you read the rules correct it states only boats equipped with electric motors are allowed. Your gas boat could be equipped with a electrical motor etx. ..same thing happened to me there....can't fix stupid
I have a bow mount electric, but they would not allow me to launch my boat because there is a gas engine on the back. Even after I told them i would only be under power from my electric, the answer was still NO.

Growing up on that puddle I have to agree with no gas engines even hanging off the back. There are rare snails and a prolific nocturnally active population of scuds. (I think that's what they are but the memory is getting worn.) Bait buckets have changed the balance that has evolved since its impoundment the year I was born. Zebra mussels and Gobies. Oil from gas engines and even bilge water from transient anglers gravely concerns me. That place is a tiny northern getaway smack dab in the middle of tobacco country and nationally rare Carolinian forest.

This video is misleading. Half way through it has a shot of the patrol boat, with a gas engine. Go to the link a read the rules.
http://www.lprca.on.ca/pages/1433448230/Boating-&-Fishing

I'm the one who made the video, and it was my idea to include the "Patrol Boat". It was part of the story, and I even had the stickers made up myself, and purposely included a shot of them so that it'd be clear to the viewers that it was in fact a patrol boat. The LPRCA was actually apprehensive about showing the gas motor on the boat, despite the fact that they have it on their patrol boat mainly for emergency purposes. ( If they have to get to someone in need of help type of thing ). Despite the obvious fact that there was a wake, I was careful not to show the outboard in any shots. There was never any intention to mislead anyone, and the whole idea behind the video was the story of setting up the park before it opened. It would have been misleading if I showed people fishing out of their boat with a gas motor on it. This wasn't a promotional video to show off what activities you can or can't do while you're there.

Anyway, what I'm getting at, is if anyone has a problem with the video, you should take it up with me and not pin anything on the LPRCA or the Deer Creek CA. I'm sorry that you didn't realize the lake was an electric only body of water - the same thing happened to me 10 years ago, but I got over it and love the place to this day.

Hahaha you must of ran into Helga the arm wresting champ! !!. There rules are not consistent at all. They will let small gas engines in if you leave the fuel can on shore. Then they would let bigger boats if you left keys on shore. Just depends time of year and who is working. It's borderline ridiculous that you can't use your I pilot or bow mount to putt around. If you read the rules correct it states only boats equipped with electric motors are allowed. Your gas boat could be equipped with a electrical motor etx. ..same thing happened to me there....can't fix stupid

I can only assume that by "Helga the arm wrestling champ" you're talking about one of my good friends that manages the park. I'm not going to attack you because that'd bring me down to your level of maturity, but as a father myself I try to teach my kids a little bit of respect - even from behind a keyboard.

In the past, they've tried allowing people onto the lake with larger motors, on the condition that they only use their bow-mounts. All it took was a few "bad apples" to ruin that for everyone. People would fire up their outboards and run around the lake despite being told it wasn't allowed. So, because people unfortunately can't be trusted, they decided the only option would be to disallow gas motors all together. Certain people attain special permits to use outboards on the lake. IE: The MNR, OPP, Fire Station, even the high school rowing coach during the park's closed season. They also allow gas motors on boats, BUT trimmed out of the water with zero tolerance for being used during the odd charity event.

At the end of the day I can certainly agree with you on one thing. You can't fix stupid.

Cheers,
Ryan

Last edited:
It's a great place. I went there the other day to reacquaint myself with it as I hadn't paddled there for some 20 years. I fished a bit but not much, just kayaked a round for 3 hrs. It's a big place! I just wish I had known in June that you can get a season pass for all the LPRCA parks, it used to be just Deer Creek, Little Lake and Waterford North. They don't even mention Little Lake now, maybe it's closed? TC

I'm the one who made the video, and it was my idea to include the "Patrol Boat". It was part of the story, and I even had the stickers made up myself, and purposely included a shot of them so that it'd be clear to the viewers that it was in fact a patrol boat. The LPRCA was actually apprehensive about showing the gas motor on the boat, despite the fact that they have it on their patrol boat mainly for emergency purposes. ( If they have to get to someone in need of help type of thing ). Despite the obvious fact that there was a wake, I was careful not to show the outboard in any shots. There was never any intention to mislead anyone, and the whole idea behind the video was the story of setting up the park before it opened. It would have been misleading if I showed people fishing out of their boat with a gas motor on it. This wasn't a promotional video to show off what activities you can or can't do while you're there.

Anyway, what I'm getting at, is if anyone has a problem with the video, you should take it up with me and not pin anything on the LPRCA or the Deer Creek CA. I'm sorry that you didn't realize the lake was an electric only body of water - the same thing happened to me 10 years ago, but I got over it and love the place to this day.

I can only assume that by "Helga the arm wrestling champ" you're talking about one of my good friends that manages the park. I'm not going to attack you because that'd bring me down to your level of maturity, but as a father myself I try to teach my kids a little bit of respect - even from behind a keyboard.

In the past, they've tried allowing people onto the lake with larger motors, on the condition that they only use their bow-mounts. All it took was a few "bad apples" to ruin that for everyone. People would fire up their outboards and run around the lake despite being told it wasn't allowed. So, because people unfortunately can't be trusted, they decided the only option would be to disallow gas motors all together. Certain people attain special permits to use outboards on the lake. IE: The MNR, OPP, Fire Station, even the high school rowing coach during the park's closed season. They also allow gas motors on boats, BUT trimmed out of the water with zero tolerance for being used during the odd charity event.

At the end of the day I can certainly agree with you on one thing. You can't fix stupid.

Cheers,
Ryan
Hi Ryan. Please remember respect is earned as well and should be a two way street. This paticular employee was very rude and disrectful. It took a call to Dave the manager for a refund . He was polite and explained the difference and how hey have had issues. If fact he offered free passes for future visits. He said all you have to do is pull outboard off or make is disabled and your fine. It's not the rules anyone is really complaining about it was the attitude and disrectful comments made by park employee. It's all good I could throw my yak or canoe or pull outboard off at any time and putt around as this is a nice little spot..but the thought of dealing with a Helga keeps me in greener pastures! !! By the way he video was well done!

Cheers,
Ryan

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks