Avoiding sanctuary and wind?

steve_kw

Hi all, new to the forum. My son and I have a night booked at Turkey Point Park and were hoping to drop the 17.5ft polar kraft in at MacDonald marina friday night / saturday morning. Haven't fished lake Erie before, looks like there will be 20kph NE wind with gusts, how big are the waves in that? Also just read about the fish sanctuary. Any recommendations as to where we can go to avoid the sanctuary and the wind?

Thanks!

Yes wind forecast looks like it will be pretty rough but with it NE you can hug the north shore and get some fishing in wth your son. In your position I would leave the marina and head east along the north shore. This will keep you out of sanctuary which is west of Turkey Point. You will be able to judge yourself how far from shore you want to get but pike, perch, rock bass are all available tight to north shore. Don’t set your hopes on walleye or trout.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks