Are stickers really that expensive?

paddle maker

Does anyone know what the actual reason we have to carry paper in 2021 is I full sheet of paper for rabbits a full sheet for a deer lisence a second sheet for a control tag wh as t was wrong with stickers for the county card and the outdoors card?

The Government saves money and passes the cost on to the end user . I always used those little plastic wallets the insurance companies handed out for my cards but now tuck it all inside a good quality sandwich bag.

Yah I laminate the actual tags since you can only print once

The validation can be printed whenever and as many times as needed

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be ok if we could legally show electronic copy on phone , but I don't know how tags would work maybe snap a photo or something? I remember paper licenses when I was 15 before I had my face I had to carry a permit from the OPP but in 2021 all the paper feels like a step backwards. I too use a plastic folder I got one at Eli's with my pheasant license but it doesn't fit in my wallet i just don't understand what was wrong with stickers and sticky yellow tags

It would be ok if we could legally show electronic copy on phone , but I don't know how tags would work maybe snap a photo or something? I remember paper licenses when I was 15 before I had my face I had to carry a permit from the OPP but in 2021 all the paper feels like a step backwards. I too use a plastic folder I got one at Eli's with my pheasant license but it doesn't fit in my wallet i just don't understand what was wrong with stickers and sticky yellow tags
There are some states that have all of there validations done online via app.
Fill in the information snap a photo and submit

I'm no geek but I believe you can scan or download the QR code on or to your phone but I'm old fashioned and carry the paper. If your phone goes dead ? No proof ... you in big trouble. Plus there is that stipulation about the Tag remaining with or on the animal or the holder of the Tag must be with the animal. How do you notch an electronic Tag ? Yes... you can laminate your paper Tag but it must not make the QR code or other info unreadable either to the eye or their scanner. Hence I use a good quality sandwich bag to carry all my paperwork, it's cheap, it's waterproof and it doesn't require batteries.

Didn't print any of it. So if I see the guy from Frogs +Logs I'll let you know how I make out. Was not interested in buying ink scone I never print at home

Didn't print any of it. So if I see the guy from Frogs +Logs I'll let you know how I make out. Was not interested in buying ink scone I never print at home.
Being too cheap to buy ink or too lazy to goto Service Ontario to have your papers printed for you is no excuse. Wasting the time of CO’s, who’re already understaffed and spread thin, isn’t cool.

All the documents are on my phone. 50$ and I get to spend another 80$ on ink that ain't cool. Frogs and Logs want paper then include it with the 50$. The whole idea of the out doors card is that they can run your number and get your info. They jack the price and give you less.

I know exactly how it will work out for you if they stop you with an untagged deer. Yes you can have your summary on your phone but how are you going to hole punch the tag on your phone? You have to have a paper tag copy and it has to accompany the animal if you are not physically with it. Been that way for a few years now so I do not think they will be accommodating.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks