Are all the fish Ameeerican?

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Is anyone still catching “walleye” out there? How can they be killing it and we have nothing?

I can speak for the other Sunday, we were killing it in Sarnia. 25/31, and we had to release 7 smallest walleyes to keep the 3-man limit. The walleyes were mostly 2-4 lbs, with a few 5 lbs. It was looking like all the boats in the area (20-30 of them) did well.

I can speak for the other Sunday, we were killing it in Sarnia. 25/31, and we had to release 7 smallest walleyes to keep the 3-man limit. The walleyes were mostly 2-4 lbs, with a few 5 lbs. It was looking like all the boats in the area (20-30 of them) did well.
Jigging? Or bottom bouncers? What was your strategy?

Vertical jigging, drifting from just above the buoy towards the bridge, then drifting again etc... 3/4 oz jigs with either black or yellow or pink heads and fake silicon minnows as well as real minnows. Stinger hook is a must.

To answer your question Rastam4n if you check out a tracking map it seems the walleye start out in spring at the West end of Lake erie then come out of the Detroit river and make their way east that's when we get them first at Colchester then Leamington then Wheatley then Erieau to Port Glasgow then Stanley then Port Bruce and Burwell continuing as far as they can east.For some reason they head to USA waters end of Sept.Shallower iam not sure.They head towards west end of Erie.Huron Ohio is big for fall walleye and surrounding area.USA runs a big tourny called the Fall brawl which top prize is a boat worth well over $100,000.I believe it's a Hewescraft. Now I know they don't all go to the west end of Lake but I think the majority do.

I've seen the map posted before it's little dots on a map of Lake erie and it shows the seasonal movement of the majority of walleye. Really neat I just don't know how to post it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks