Anyone been to Burwell for perch lately?

CourtLund

I havent been down for a couple of weeks...
Spent last week in the bay bass hunting.
Thought I might like a feed of perch for the long weekend

Are they still around?

" Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry " R.J.

Hey Courtlund, I tried for some perch in 50FOW last Sunday on my way back from trolling for eye/bows.

Got about 25 decent ones and came back to port.

Weekend prior to last I nailed a 2 man ticket quick, west of port about 4 miles in 29FOW.

I am sure they are still there, might just have to jump around to find them.

I know bait was scarce last weekend after I got on the water, you might want to double check and make sure you can get some.

Good luck on the water, I will be at Bruce trolling tomorrow and hopefully on Saturday as well.

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

Thanks for the info...

I have a boat load tomorrow, otherwise I'd be out there trolling as well. Good luck, hope you get into some!

" Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry " R.J.

Courtland.......2 of us went out from Bruce yesterday (30th) around 10am and by 2:30 we had just under our limit (ran out of bait) with 30 in the 13-14" range and the rest around 10". West to 37fow out from the yellow cabin just before the bluff starts.

Bogz

Went out of Burwell today and found 21 keepers with only 1 13" jumbo,the rest were all males.I went west first and nothing decent,then went to the silver barn east and nothing decent then headed back to where the 10 windmills are in 38- 41 ft. bumpy bottom and there they were.Lots of small ones(throw backs) and the bite was really good between 10a.m. to 12:15p.m. then nothing.I just checked the sonar lunar table andthe time frame matchen the hot bite time if that helps anyone.Water temp. was 65 degrees in that spot and 62 closer to shore.The bite is super lite out there so , "Tight Lines everyone"!!!!!!This is my first post and will post further resuts for everyone to enjoy.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks