Anybody Crappie Fishing yet

jayway

Thinking of hitting up some marinas soon for some slabs

Fall crappie eh? Well jayway if you find some let us know. I'm in the old cut in long point and there's hardly any water left this fall. I catch them in the spring but never fished for them in the fall. Let us know if they are bitin!

Spilliard

Since you cant fish Mitchells bay marina on St. Clair anymore, i lost one of my favorite fall slab spots.
Leaves me with the Ruscom and Belle river.
It sounds to me like nobody really targets them in Longpoint.
If i make the drive am i going to be able to fish the pilings in the marinas or will i get kicked out.

I do appreciate the response Spilliard.
I can assure you early spring and late fall you will find them in marinas or rivers holding on old sunkin Christmas trees:D
I really enjoy trying to challenge myself and fish new spots that i have never fished thats why i want to try your way.
i heard Rondeau is good too.

I guess you never see anyone targeting them this time of year so you assume they aren't in. I have seen some in my boathouse (small ones)along with tons of bluegill when the water temps dip below 60F. However now the water is down to 42F and you don't see anything in the channels. You could fish down in Long Point this time of year, there is hardly anyone around.

Spilliard

Thanks Spilliard, i will take your word for it and save some gas.

If anybody is interested in Crappie spots on St. Clair i will be glad to help

Hi, I am new to the forum and would greatly appreciate any tips on crappie fishing in Windsor-Essex county. I live in Windsor for a few years and have heard about crappie fishing but never had a chance to try it.
Any tips regarding location and equipment would be greatly appreciated.

Sima,

you are very lucky to live in Windsor. Try any of the local marina's.around the docks and break walls. try using a small ,1 or 2inch twister tail on a light jig. use a small float with the jig about 6 to 8" under the float. keep moving around until you find them. dont wait for them to come to you. if you havnt found them in ten mins go elsewhere. Good Luck and tell us how you do.

The marinas in Lasalle are the best but its really hard to get permission to fish them.
little black and chartreuse tube jigs work best for me on a slip bobber.

cast past the wood or steel Pilings in the water and twitch your bobber past them. They hold really tight to the poles.

I have been fishing areas on the Ruscom river and doing well.
East pike creek is good
Light House cove

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks