Anybody can help me out, what is the limit on bows on Erie? Thanks

Anybody can help me out pls...where can I find out what is the limit on rainbows for lk Erie, Port Burwell.

I should have said 5 of any combination of trout and salmon but can only have 3 lake trout and only 1 Atlantic salmon in the mix

It is tough to keep track of limits etc. especially if you fish multiple locations
I got "SmartOut" Ontario app...google store.
click on the map/body of water and it shows you the regs
Map of Fisheries Management Zones (FMZ)
- Fishing Seasons by Zone (FMZ)
- Additional Fishing Opportunities (locations displayed on the map where known)
- Exceptions to zone regulations (locations displayed on the map where known)

I HAVE NO affiliation with this app or anything to gain by you using
I have found it useful

I always carry a paper copy of regulations, had a huge run in with a CO once. He was convinced that lakers are closed on Southern Georgian Bay from Sept 1st not the last day of September. He must have been serving Parry Sound before

Anybody can help me out pls...where can I find out what is the limit on rainbows for lk Erie, Port Burwell.
Do not really want to be a dyck here, however you are on the internet and you should look at the Ontario Fishing Regulations for where ever you want to fish in Ontario. Just saying

I always carry a paper copy of regulations, had a huge run in with a CO once. He was convinced that lakers are closed on Southern Georgian Bay from Sept 1st not the last day of September. He must have been serving Parry Sound before
I keep a copy on my phone just for quick reference. I fish too many fmzs to keep track of all the specifics. And some of the water body exceptions in and around parry sound are just downright confusing (eastern boundary from the light house on this island to the northern most point of that island, to the rock that you hit your prop on last year, etc etc).

But FYI @Centerspin the north end of parry sound bay up to kill bear area is all June 23rd to Sept 30th this year. Not sure when it changed but I was just looking through it as I'm going up tomorrow. Limit is still 1

Namner.C , Thx for the info! I used to go early summer to depot h and didnt bother with the Lakers. Thinking of taking family there mid summer and if the depot is as bad as l ve heard was last year we ll try for those;)

Namner.C , Thx for the info! I used to go early summer to depot h and didnt bother with the Lakers. Thinking of taking family there mid summer and if the depot is as bad as l ve heard was last year we ll try for those;)
Depot has been hot for the last few weeks for bows so I've been told. It's always my go to when I just don't want to be skunked. But moving down to erie has somewhat satisfied my desire to catch them there. I find they just don't fight quite the same as our wild bows. If you're interested, I've got a Google map that I've dropped a few points on around the eastern shore of parry island. They're steep humps that I've regularly caught bass and huge pike off of. I lost the gps coordinates off my old sonar, but it'll get you in the ball park

Depot has been hot for the last few weeks for bows so I've been told. It's always my go to when I just don't want to be skunked. But moving down to erie has somewhat satisfied my desire to catch them there. I find they just don't fight quite the same as our wild bows. If you're interested, I've got a Google map that I've dropped a few points on around the eastern shore of parry island. They're steep humps that I've regularly caught bass and huge pike off of. I lost the gps coordinates off my old sonar, but it'll get you in the ball park
Thank you, Id appreciate it;). I jig for cage fish and it goes insane too simetimes;) but landing crazy Erie bows is always and adventure;);). They often win;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks