Any shots been fired yet?

No idea? He didn't bleed much til the last 15 yards, He only went 45/50 but it was very thick and the tracking took over an hour. I am getting a shoulder mount done so I didn't split his chest cause it would ruin the cape. So when I was gutting him I just reached deep

Very nice, some odd points on that rack. Get him in a cooler quick

I have had to butcher too many early October deer over the years the same day that I had to usually stop bowhunting a few days before we left for moose just in case I got one so it wouldn't spoil while I was gone. I heard about that "coolbot" from a buddy at work who also farms. So when I framed my up the camp I put it in, sprayed the walls with 5 inches of foam and put puck board on the walls. The cooler has saved me numerous times over the last 5/6/7 years.

I have had to butcher too many early October deer over the years the same day that I had to usually stop bowhunting a few days before we left for moose just in case I got one so it wouldn't spoil while I was gone. I heard about that "coolbot" from a buddy at work who also farms. So when I framed my up the camp I put it in, sprayed the walls with 5 inches of foam and put puck board on the walls. The cooler has saved me numerous times over the last 5/6/7 years.
With these temps I won't leave a deer overnight. I've spent many nights breaking down deer to get them into whatever fridge or freezer space I could clear out, so I know the pain!! Congrats on the big deer and the forethought to have somewhere to put it.

Im seeing some GREAT bucks on my cameras at a couple of farms I picked up to hunt since I moved back. But it sure seems like the majority of the activity is middle of the nite. Almost no daytime movement. Hoping this cold snap starts to change that.

Seen plenty of movement the last few evenings within an hour of shooting light ending. 9 does/yearlings the other evening with a =n 8 chasing one specific doe. Tonight I watched him hitting his scrapes that only started opening up in the last 48. Tomorrow nights hunters moon started its affects a few days ago. I would heavily recommend spending the next bunch of the days in your stands if at all possible.

Had a two buddies down from Sudbury that come for a bowhunt every fall. They both got to fill their additional archery tags with a doe and a nice young buck. Tomorrow is off to deer camo in Grey county for 5/6 days.

I did will up in grey county this week with my rifle group. I got two nice does plus this one was hot on the arse of the first doe and I got them both!

Attachments

• EE12F4E2-C962-4D49-A011-CEAF38D07929.jpeg
    EE12F4E2-C962-4D49-A011-CEAF38D07929.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 32
  • FC7D7C23-E7A5-44C8-B1DF-69C41A386E21.jpeg
    FC7D7C23-E7A5-44C8-B1DF-69C41A386E21.jpeg
    443.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 3542586A-3BD3-4018-B5F7-5517F2A61DDE.jpeg
    3542586A-3BD3-4018-B5F7-5517F2A61DDE.jpeg
    364.3 KB · Views: 31
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks