Any news from LPWA meeting ?

Old Cut LongPointer

Could somebody give a brief synopsis of the meeting for those of us that couldn't attend ? Thanks !

Hello OCLP,

It was a fairly productive meeting and longer than normal as it basically went from 0900 to 1200 hours. In the past (pre COVID years) the meetings seemed a little rushed at times.

Scott McGuigan (Development Director, Delta Waterfowl) made an informative presentation about their Million Duck Campaign for those who were not aware of it. Most of the Delta members that were present probably already knew about this campaign through the articles in the Delta magazine. However Scott included some photographic slides with data that I had not seen in the magazine and I have been following this campaign carefully.

Robyn May (co-owner of Sandboy Marina) made an informative presentation regarding (against) the proposed marsh boardwalk along the causeway in the Big Creek marsh ... a real "dumb ass" idea but then again "common sense" is not that common. A big "thank you" to Robyn for her attentive nature regarding this proposal.

We also discussed the Flight Club property being purchased by the Nature Conservancy of Canada and potential hunting there in the future as well as the St. Luke property near Lake St. Clair being purchased by Ducks Unlimited Canada and potential hunting there in the future.

The usual "house keeping" matters were attended to such as the re-election/election of directors and budget matters ... all is good financially. Hope that will help for now.

Jerome

Thanks Jerome ! A boardwalk along the Causeway ? I recall a pedestrian/bike path was to be included in the Causeway restoration project ? Now that the new Big Creek bridge is complete there is no excuse in getting that done and not during the hunting season either ! The Flight Club/NCC proposal sounds good as it's local but the St. Luke/DUCanada ? Not exactly nearby eh ? Maybe the boys at Rondeau would be more interested ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks