Any Ice of St. Williams ?

Huron

Anybody with what the lake is like off St. Williams ? Any ice forming at all . Still dreaming of ice fishing or should I put the ice fishing bucket away . Huron.

All open water yesterday with a skim of shoreline ice. After the plus temps coming this week again I think ice on the inner bay won’t be happening this year.

Hate to say it but ice fishing on the bay will have to wait until 2021. Go to simcoe, worth the trip. Heard reports of 11" in Pt Bolster and up to 16" in the big lake. Crushing the whitefish

Anybody with what the lake is like off St. Williams ? Any ice forming at all . Still dreaming of ice fishing or should I put the ice fishing bucket away . Huron.
We were in Port Rowan for the tackle swap this morning. There was ice as far as my eyes could see. If it was open yesterday then I doubt it very thick, and had a bit of snow on top. There may be hope yet?????

I will be heading down that way @Huron through this coming week,but I am still debating wether to bring my ice fishing tackle with me,while I am there,and picking up some firewood as well,in the Port Rowan area.It will be a late post of course from that day,after I have been there around the long point bay area.I will post my outing of the day on stomps,if you like. ??

Hate to say it but ice fishing on the bay will have to wait until 2021. Go to simcoe, worth the trip. Heard reports of 11" in Pt Bolster and up to 16" in the big lake. Crushing the whitefish
No ice fishing on the bay this year?? :( That will be my first time ever that I haven’t ice fished on the bay,since the late 70th’s!! Safety always first of course,and perhaps a trip to lake simcoe sometime late this month,(safe ice of course),will be my ice fishing trip for this year.????

We were in Port Rowan for the tackle swap this morning. There was ice as far as my eyes could see. If it was open yesterday then I doubt it very thick, and had a bit of snow on top. There may be hope yet?????
Just a question @Crummybun how was the tackle swap? (thanks in advance). I thought about doing the drive early from London this morning before the doors opened at 8 a.m.for the tackle swap,but I decided not to go,after I looked outside this morning to see another blanket of fresh snow that fell last night,and I shoveled it instead. ;) ??

Hey @Red Hering , my father and I have attended 3 yrs in a row now. It was a carbon copy of last year with very familiar tables and offerings. I find it an enjoyable trip on a Saturday morning that I'm neither fishing or shoveling snow, lol. Sipping coffee and buying fishing tackle I don't need makes NOT ice fishing long point bay tolerable. I was very happy to find a fenwick elite tech ice fishing rod for my daughter, only $10. Also picked up an old ac shiner that had a great perch pattern on it. Lots of people as usual. Some really nice custom painted lures at great prices. All in all a great start to a weekend! Ben

No ice fishing on the bay this year?? :( That will be my first time ever that I haven’t ice fished on the bay,since the late 70th’s!! Safety always first of course,and perhaps a trip to lake simcoe sometime late this month,(safe ice of course),will be my ice fishing trip for this year.????
I hope I'm wrong!! Drove by to glance after the tackle swap and it looks promising however long range forecast scares me lol.

Hey @Red Hering , my father and I have attended 3 yrs in a row now. It was a carbon copy of last year with very familiar tables and offerings. I find it an enjoyable trip on a Saturday morning that I'm neither fishing or shoveling snow, lol. Sipping coffee and buying fishing tackle I don't need makes NOT ice fishing long point bay tolerable. I was very happy to find a fenwick elite tech ice fishing rod for my daughter, only $10. Also picked up an old ac shiner that had a great perch pattern on it. Lots of people as usual. Some really nice custom painted lures at great prices. All in all a great start to a weekend! Ben
Thanks @Crummybun a great reply back,and I felt like that I was there at the tackle swap with your post from there. ;) ? Tackle swap’s are definitely a great place to pick up unique lure’s such like you did with the ac shiner with a perch pattern on it.I have ac shiners,but not that one!! I should of gone to it!! :banghead:;) lol ? I guess that I have too much fishing tackle,and personally,I need to have my own fishing tackle swap/sale one day sometime this year.??

I hope I'm wrong!! Drove by to glance after the tackle swap and it looks promising however long range forecast scares me lol.
Very true @bassaholic the long range forecast doesn’t look promising at all,unfortunately.Maybe,I should get my boat ready. :unsure:??;)??

Inland waters have tightened up. Finally made it out for a bluegill bonanza today :giggle: The long range looks promising for smaller water ice fishing opportunities....

Josh

Inland waters have tightened up. Finally made it out for a bluegill bonanza today :giggle: The long range looks promising for smaller water ice fishing opportunities....

Josh
Not sure where you live but I am 5 mins from st Williams. My pond has barely 2 inches of garbage ice on it. Completely unsafe. Hopefully aleast this freezes up a bit. We played hockey and ice fished crappie/perch on it last year on news year day. What a difference.

Thanks for the report jerk bait. Never the less some nice sunny day my wife and I may still drive down to Lake Erie for restaurant perch at the hotel in Port Dover. Huron.

Thanks for the report jerk bait. Never the less some nice sunny day my wife and I may still drive down to Lake Erie for restaurant perch at the hotel in Port Dover. Huron.
Erie beach is good !!!here is a pic of the lake a couple days ago ..not much ice to be seen

Attachments

• 20200203_173341.jpg
    20200203_173341.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks