Any Hullett news?

King Joe

Hey, does anybody have any Hullett A side news? Mostly, is there enough water in the channel that does the water blinds at 1-20 parking....enough to float a kayak? I guess as well, how has the early season harvest been?

King Joe Outa Here!

I know someone who hunted that part of Hullett on opening day and he said it was very tough going, more walking than paddling. That area lost a foot of water since the week before. His dog had an especially difficult time, couldn't walk and couldn't swim in what was more mud than water. He knocked down a few birds but they were tough to find. Haven't heard what the opening day harvest was yet.

I've been there 3 times this year. I hunted stake 38 on opener and had great shooting, brought home 4. Since then I've been twice once to stake 36 and then at stake 13. Water is relatively low, was a lot of walking not paddling. Birds are extremely well educated because of skybusters unfortunately and will not dip below the tree line except into the feed ponds and protected White Tail Swamp.

Thanks @grifin_owen98,

Its what I thought based on my recon visit a week or so (re: access channel 1-20). Disappointing.

King Joe Outa Here!

I went up for pheasants on Friday. There was alot more pounding coming out of A zone then B. I saw a raft of 50 woodies come off a pond in B Zone and fly over to A. I'm going to stick my neck and say it's going to stay slow until we get some cold weather.

I was there last week, blind 14, and it's safe to say my trip in was a mess. There's just enough water in the channel, but once you're out, it's a few inches deep in a lot of long stretches. Wound up dragging my boat a good half of the way. The water's definitely lower than last year.

So, with these recent spates of snow and cool weather...anybody got eyes on Hullett? I suspect she done froze up solid already. Next week...looks to be maybe 5 degrees...no snow or rain...so, maybe...maybe...one more yak attack run?

Any eyes on would be great.

King Joe Outa Here!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks