any bow action and pics

erie feeln

I haven't done opening day for years to many people hope u all had good luck and caught some dinner or smoker beauties(y)

I'm like you, in fact haven't river fished in ages, but I did take my river rod out of its sleeve for a few minutes and had a number of fond memories. Hope everyone had a great opener.

nice fish love the markings on the little ones i gave up the river fishing years ago to to many people and a lot of idiots watched a couple of guys pull knives on each other because one guy took his spot while he was fighting a fish so went out and got a boat and only fish the big lakes now went out yesterday and got these tasty fish yesterday

Attachments

• 20180428_145325.jpg
    20180428_145325.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 101
Myself included the last time for me was fishing Nine Mile shoulder to shoulder in 1977 and have never gone since. I'm glad some of you like @JohnW can still enjoy it out there on the banks but after many years it was just not enjoyable for me anymore. Last 40 years I just fish from the boat so only times we bump shoulder to shoulder is when we are trying to put fish in the box at the same time. :)

Pulling knives on each other over a fishing spot really.. WTF? I'm glad I havent run into that problem yet, but I have had to fish next to a few idiots over the years! Opening day being as busy as it is drives me nuts too but I still go every year, I just can't resist the erge but it's one of the few times I do fish from shore because like many of you guys I can't wait to get out and go fishing from my boat in peace and quiet with my friends onboard.
Those are some tasty looking fish @highhopes they would look mighty good on the smoker. I have to assume that you went trolling on Ontario?

thanks for the report you guys did well great pictures too. i am the same way pulled gear out and put it back don't need the headache way to go keep up the good fishing

I think if there’s too many people where you guys are fishing you should go looking for new spots , me and the girlfriend got 2 browns and a rainbow and only seen one other fisherman , later in the day at a more well known spot, there are tons of places out there that get little or no fishing pressure , it’s not like heading to the pack of boats perch fishing , if I see other trucks at one of my spots I move on there are miles and miles of creeks that don’t get fished and the majority of people bunch up in the same places

Yesterday wasn't as busy as I was expecting. I think a lot of people were hesitant to go because of the weather reports, but that wasn't going to stop me. The only people that were at "my" spot were my 2 buddies and myself until we were about to leave and a couple other guys showed up. Seen lots of cars parked along the highway.

Pulling knives on each other over a fishing spot really.. WTF? I'm glad I havent run into that problem yet, but I have had to fish next to a few idiots over the years! Opening day being as busy as it is drives me nuts too but I still go every year, I just can't resist the erge but it's one of the few times I do fish from shore because like many of you guys I can't wait to get out and go fishing from my boat in peace and quiet with my friends onboard.
Those are some tasty looking fish @highhopes they would look mighty good on the smoker. I have to assume that you went trolling on Ontario?
Yea yesterday fished for 4 hours and the hands couldnt take the cold i love my boat but the stainless steering wheel gets allfull cold then woke up this morning to snow so just went back to bed lol

I 'm gonna 'wait' a bit. that sure is a nice 8lb JohnW. Have waited as long as Mom's Day before and scored table size fish.

We saw 7 guys before noon and not 1 stayed within eyesight for more than 5 minutes. Must have been a better spot around the bend.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks