Annual Father-Daughter Fall Bear Hunt

Reel Therapy

We managed to get up for out annual father-daughter fall bear hunt this year. Took a bit of planning as my daughter was running in a rodeo all weekend. I went up earlier and set up our camp. Wanted to give everything a good test run before we head north of Pickle Lake next week for moose. I was lucky enough to get a nice bear on he Fri morning during my first sit. I stayed up and made sure things were all working with the tent ect. Headed home of Sunday to take care of dogs as girls were away... Monday with the storms they cancelled the barrel runs so Maddy was able to be home in good time and we headed north for the evening sit.

Got into the stand around 4:15 and waited about 45 mins then we see a cub walk in, then another. Mom was not far behind and kept a close eye on them the entire time they were eating. I was really neat to watch and take some photos of they were in and out of the barrel many times and mom kept a patrol of the area while they were. We watched them for a almost an hour. Once they left we see another cub come in then 2 more. We have lots of pictures of the triplets as well as the twins before. We watched these ones for about 45 mins there were playing eating and arguing in the drum. Really cool to watch. My daughter then taps me and says something behind us.... just as we look back a large wolf cruises by. First one either of us had seen in the wild. Shortly after that we have another bear climbing the tree next to us growling! It decided to get down and leave us alone but it did scare off the mom and triplets. However... about 5 mins later another bear comes out. We watch it for about 5 mins to make sure that there were no cubs said to Maddy if you want to take it go ahead. Made a perfect shot with her 6.5 creed and it never even flinched.

One of the best nights I have had sitting in a stand and got to share it with my daughter and a few updates to @mick as were were texting. Maddy even gave @Red Hering a shoutout in one of the pics.

Some pics below

Bear 1.jpgBear 2.jpgBear 3.jpgBear 4.jpgBear 5.jpgBear 6.jpgBear 7.jpgBear 8.jpgBear 9.jpgBear 10.jpg

Awesome Maddy you have a great mentor with your dad beside you. Memories made to cherish a lifetime. Kids playing video games never get the rush of real life. One day soon I can see you taking a friend and doing a stellar job mentoring a new hunter.

We managed to get up for out annual father-daughter fall bear hunt this year. Took a bit of planning as my daughter was running in a rodeo all weekend. I went up earlier and set up our camp. Wanted to give everything a good test run before we head north of Pickle Lake next week for moose. I was lucky enough to get a nice bear on he Fri morning during my first sit. I stayed up and made sure things were all working with the tent ect. Headed home of Sunday to take care of dogs as girls were away... Monday with the storms they cancelled the barrel runs so Maddy was able to be home in good time and we headed north for the evening sit.

Got into the stand around 4:15 and waited about 45 mins then we see a cub walk in, then another. Mom was not far behind and kept a close eye on them the entire time they were eating. I was really neat to watch and take some photos of they were in and out of the barrel many times and mom kept a patrol of the area while they were. We watched them for a almost an hour. Once they left we see another cub come in then 2 more. We have lots of pictures of the triplets as well as the twins before. We watched these ones for about 45 mins there were playing eating and arguing in the drum. Really cool to watch. My daughter then taps me and says something behind us.... just as we look back a large wolf cruises by. First one either of us had seen in the wild. Shortly after that we have another bear climbing the tree next to us growling! It decided to get down and leave us alone but it did scare off the mom and triplets. However... about 5 mins later another bear comes out. We watch it for about 5 mins to make sure that there were no cubs said to Maddy if you want to take it go ahead. Made a perfect shot with her 6.5 creed and it never even flinched.

One of the best nights I have had sitting in a stand and got to share it with my daughter and a few updates to @mick as were were texting. Maddy even gave @Red Hering a shoutout in one of the pics.

Some pics below

View attachment 26651View attachment 26652View attachment 26653View attachment 26654View attachment 26655View attachment 26656View attachment 26657View attachment 26658View attachment 26659View attachment 26660
Amazing photo’s & hunt & also a “Big Congratulations” to you Mandy!! A “Thumb Up” right back to you!! 👍😉🙂

Attachments

• 38476751-C3FA-48E0-ABF9-A6C19DB12704.jpeg
    38476751-C3FA-48E0-ABF9-A6C19DB12704.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 1
Amazing photo’s & hunt & also a “Big Congratulations” to you Mandy!! A “Thumb Up” right back to you!! 👍😉🙂
Amazing photo’s & bear hunt & also a “Big Congratulations!!” to you Mandy for your success in the bear hunt!! A “Thumb Up!!” right back to you!! 👍🙂

Attachments

• D4BF3B56-A505-47C7-A775-21684BC526A0.jpeg
    D4BF3B56-A505-47C7-A775-21684BC526A0.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 3
Amazing photo’s & bear hunt & also a “Big Congratulations!!” to you Mandy for your success in the bear hunt!! A “Thumb Up!!” right back to you!! 👍🙂
Sorry about my photo coming out blurry & it looked fine before I posted it. All the Best & enjoy this great Fall weather. 👍😎

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks