Fishing Report An unfortunate series of events port maitland july 12

gilfisher

Was a bumpy ride out started to drop lines at 730am. The first thing that happens I drop the container of worms all over the floor of the boat grr? I get that mess cleaned up and get lines in then slam my knee off the console ? while I was crying in pain the boat got array and ended up tangling a couple lines ? then as I was untangling the mess I lost my balance and ended up embedding a hook in my thumb ? Finally after all that all lines in the sonar is lit up but no takers. I'm thinking to myself wtf did I do to deserve this shit luck. Then my nephew says hes hungry and going to have a snack. I got my eyes on the sonar I turn around to look at lines and to my demise he starting peel back a fkn banana ? I made him throw that bad luck charm over board and not even take a bite. I went on to explain to him the folklore about bananas on a fishing boat. He laughed and said that's bs and didn't realise I was so superstitious which I am not but nothing else could explain the shit luck we were having. Anyway within ten minutes of getting rid of that damned thing every rod started firing . We went 9 for 13 within two hours until we got blown off the water. We were in 40 to 50 fow running baits down 30 to 35ft. The hot rod was the 30 jet with bbq chicken harness out the shoot but all rods fired on dipseys with watermelon and nascar harnesses. Here's a pic of banana boy holding a couple up. I guess the moral of this post is NEVER BRING BANANAS out with you fishing that old folklore is true ?IMG_1473.jpg

Haha had the same thing yesterday. Wife packed my supper. GAVE ME A BANANA!! Swallowed it in two gulps threw Peel overboard and had 2 fish on in a few min lol. Damn naners

I had my son's girlfriend out on Wednesday last who is a complete newbie to hardcore fishing :ROFLMAO::D, one of the first questions was, what did you bring for lunch/snack? Bananas are not allowed. LOL

@gilfisher… I think we can all relate to days like that and fortunately they only come along once in a long while. I know I have had days like that and never had bananas onboard. ? :) Although knock on wood... I'll have @stomp onboard on Monday so things could go south in a big hurry. ? :smuggrin:

@gilfisher… I think we can all relate to days like that and fortunately they only come along once in a long while. I know I have had days like that and never had bananas onboard. ? :) Although knock on wood... I'll have @stomp onboard on Monday so things could go south in a big hurry. ? :smuggrin:
Frisk him I hear he's a banana smuggler lol. Probably explains his poor luck on the pole.

@gifisher… Spectacular finish to a day that started all wrong, congrats nice fish Dave. ?:)

Last edited:
Frisk him I hear he's a banana smuggler lol. Probably explains his poor luck on the pole.
@tailfeathers , I'm not blaming my banana for missing those fish:D... I think they fell off cuz of those special lures you put on my line ... you know the ones from your second cousin's great Uncle's estate... the ones that hadn't seen water in at least 20 years... When was the last time those hooks have seen a file? Come on man... I'm usually batting close to a thousand out there... even when you use the outside of the net:ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks