All Ramped up in Port Stanley......

I guess they want to get all their money back in the first year !! $20 for parking!!

Most expensive free ramp this side of long point.All the gobies you can catch also.They are charging ten dollars for vehicle and ten dollars for your trailer in the general parking lot.

Last edited:
They are probably counting more on the parking ticket revenue than the parking fee. I can see a lot of people saying stuff that and just parking without paying.

Like any other service, you will pay if its convienent to you. I dont live there but i can see the 20 dollar fee not being that bad especially if it keeps the beach goers out of the lot. Looks like a nice ramp from the pics

For $20/rig, I should start a $10 parking shuttle service from my place in Union..2 acres to park, shuttle back to the boat, pickup within 10 mins...maybe throw in a fish cleaning service...heck, turn the spare bedroom into a B&B. Shop fridge with worms, cold Buds....
I think I may have found my new post-retirement part time job.....:cool:

Crystal Beach Launch is free and a new paved parking lot. $5.00 to park both.
$ 20.00 is down right thift. Glad you posted the "Warning" to Stay Away.

Last edited:
Shove the tinner in the back of the pickup and save $10.......Hope for calm winds.

Better off to go 15 mins down the road to North Erie in Port Bruce ... 10 bucks they launch your boat.... Free parking ... Ride back to the ramp ... Minnows and fuel right there.. End of the day ... Ride to get your vehicle and then they load your boat and your on your way... 10 bucks well spent

I'm sure that any extra drive time would be offset by the organized way that Greg at North Erie get you launched. Great service, friendly and $10.
The people running the ramp at Port Stanley should rethink their business strategy.

Public ramps on the Niagara River are free including parking, Crystal Beach is free with $5 for parking, Port Maitland is free, all are paid for by us the taxpayer. The big deal is, why do the people need to charge these rates when they have our money backing them ?

Most likely because they can , it's all about convience , if you want to drive that extra and save $10 but take in consideration fuel both ways wear and tear on your vehicle then by all means go , however for people like me that have to drive a fair distance just to get Lake Erie it really is all about convience free would be great , but using a brand new ramp in and out we will see if it's worth $20 very shortly

Well went out of Port Stanley yesterday went to check out the high dollar ramp, looks great except it was to wavey for my liking , went to Stans saved $7 , they also have live bait everyday as well now .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks