Alberta Lithium Anyone?

trky chsr

Still on my quest for a lithium battery for my kayak trolling motor and I came across Alberta Lithium. Has anyone purchased any of their batteries and what is your opinion of them? TC

Comes with a cord with two ends on it. Gotta cut the yellow one off and attach it to you finder cable.

Maybe this? on sale right now

don't forget they require special battery chargers.

Last edited:

Maybe this? on sale right now
I've been looking at these as well but the Alberta ones are $350. Chargers are around $50. TC

Still on my quest for a lithium battery for my kayak trolling motor and I came across Alberta Lithium. Has anyone purchased any of their batteries and what is your opinion of them? TC
Sorry I don't know anything about Alberta Lithium other than what is on their website but I assume they are a middle man for Chinese batteries. I ran into a kayak fisherman in Northern Manitoba last summer who said he purchased his lithium battery through AliExpress and raved about the price. He was quick to add he wasn't excited about not buying through a NA retailer but it was less than a third of the price! At least it appears Alberta Lithium is only adding a couple of hundred bucks to the price, so seems pretty fair.

Alberta and others including Dakota etc are all buy resellers of Chinese Lithium batteries. On my new boat I converted to a 24V Lithium trolling system with a Rhodan motor. I bought a pair of 24v 60Ah batteries, run in parallel. Came with a 110v charger. That is a bit of a PITA when I dont have shore power so I also bought a 24v Stealth charger system. Basically the main engine charges the 12v house and starting batteries. When/if they are above 85% SOC, then the stealth charger switches on and uses the alternator to charge the 24v lithiums feeding my trolling motor.

Main advantage is weight savings and energy density. Lithium batteries run with constant output right to the end of charge. No dropoff in performance. And they weigh less than half of the lead acid counterpart. They also can handle many more charge discharge cycles than lead acid.

In my application Im replacing 4 lead acid deep cycle trolling motor batteries with two that weigh less and provide better performance numbers

Main disadvantage is how bloody expensive they are. I got 1600 bucks tied up in the two batteries. Warranties are long but we will see how it all plays out for me.

Alberta and others including Dakota etc are all buy resellers of Chinese Lithium batteries. On my new boat I converted to a 24V Lithium trolling system with a Rhodan motor. I bought a pair of 24v 60Ah batteries, run in parallel. Came with a 110v charger. That is a bit of a PITA when I dont have shore power so I also bought a 24v Stealth charger system. Basically the main engine charges the 12v house and starting batteries. When/if they are above 85% SOC, then the stealth charger switches on and uses the alternator to charge the 24v lithiums feeding my trolling motor.

Main advantage is weight savings and energy density. Lithium batteries run with constant output right to the end of charge. No dropoff in performance. And they weigh less than half of the lead acid counterpart. They also can handle many more charge discharge cycles than lead acid.

In my application Im replacing 4 lead acid deep cycle trolling motor batteries with two that weigh less and provide better performance numbers

Main disadvantage is how bloody expensive they are. I got 1600 bucks tied up in the two batteries. Warranties are long but we will see how it all plays out for me.
Where did you purchase the 24V 60AH battery?

I bought two of thier 100ah 12v for my Minn Kota. Haven't put them to use yet other than hooking them up and testing the power.

I read a bit about them on various forums and they seem to be just as good as any.

You can also check out these guys. A bit more power and better warranty. More money of course.

Are they LiFePO4 batteries? Minn Kota alternator charger (similar to stealth system) allows to select a battery type for each connector ( I am getting a triple charger) and the choices are lead, AGM and LiFePO4

Are they LiFePO4 batteries? Minn Kota alternator charger (similar to stealth system) allows to select a battery type for each connector ( I am getting a triple charger) and the choices are lead, AGM and LiFePO4
Yes they are. The newest generation of Noco chargers will charge them as well.

Where did you purchase the 24V 60AH battery?
I ordered my first battery off amazon. Had it delivered to my place in the states. Bad idea, took forever to arrive, BS firm to deal with. My second one, along with my AC charger and Stealth DC to DC on board system came from Next Gen Lithium. www.nextgenlithium.com

There is a nexgenlithium as well so dont confuse them.

Since both batteries are 24vdc/60Ah they are compatible and the chargers will charge them both (connected in parallel) The only watch out for it issue is that both batteries need to start from a similar state of charge when you first get them going in parallel. The NOCO and similar chargers listed in other posts connect to individual batteries and thus dont have that issue.

I ordered my first battery off amazon. Had it delivered to my place in the states. Bad idea, took forever to arrive, BS firm to deal with. My second one, along with my AC charger and Stealth DC to DC on board system came from Next Gen Lithium. www.nextgenlithium.com

There is a nexgenlithium as well so dont confuse them.

Since both batteries are 24vdc/60Ah they are compatible and the chargers will charge them both (connected in parallel) The only watch out for it issue is that both batteries need to start from a similar state of charge when you first get them going in parallel. The NOCO and similar chargers listed in other posts connect to individual batteries and thus dont have that issue.
I should have added: If you are working with 12V batteries, you wont have these challenges, Minnkota, NOCO and others all have chargers compatible with 12v lithiums. I wanted a 24v or 36V system for the run time advantages as my intended use is for trolling in lieu of having a kicker on the back. The new rig is a hell of a lot more boat to pull than my Crestliner. At the time, nobody was making a system that would charge anything other than 12v lithiums. That's what pushed me to the Stealth charger direction.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks