Air rifle forum

Magnum 3

Just curious if there is enough interest in starting an air rifle forum. Thinking this might include discussions on various pistols , rifles , optics , pest and small game hunting . Maybe even competition shooting events and schedules , for those who may be interested . What are stomps thoughts on something like this . Members , maybe we could start with what you run and what your interests are , with photos ... or not . This sport , along with the rim fire guys , seem to be gaining interest , I think .

I love my 20 cal which I use mainly for critter control. Another forum would provide additional reading and thoughts and ideas. Might take off, might not, only one way to find out.

Signed up a couple days ago for a Canadian forum . Not to be disrespectful of them, but once I started scrolling around the site , It seemed there wasn't a lot of activity . Maybe the time of the year ... I don't know . Just a little thrown on that one , as I do hear more talk now , than previously . Maybe I'm just paying more attention , since I'm a bit more involved . On U.S. sites they are always busy covering various topics , but I was looking for something closer to home and possibly others with same interests and questions or topics that relate . See how it goes on here . Do you use yours all year ?

Guys... Google ads fund this site and Google is very selective about what gun-related content is allowed.. I am presently reviewing gun-related content, so an air rifle forum is a wait-and-see.

Hi Mark good luck with your air rifle forum request..

Hey just to mention about a hunting & shooting forum ..that has a wide selection and content with alot of members...its called ROKSLIDE and its very impressive..I have been a member for almost a year..

Sign up on Canadiangunnutz forum where they have an active airgun subforum. I don't think there are nearly enough airgun shooters on this forum to justify creating a new subforum.

CGN has over 200,000 members and there's only a few new threads started daily in the airgun section.

I myself would like to see a photography forum on here of our great outdoors..fishing, hunting travel, history....most members could make it attractive & interesting..but then again members would want to contribute there time & effort to participate in sharing there photos & videos..

Hi Mark good luck with your air rifle forum request..

Hey just to mention about a hunting & shooting forum ..that has a wide selection and content with alot of members...its called ROKSLIDE and its very impressive..I have been a member for almost a year..
Mick : Thanks for the info . Is that a U.S. or Canadian forum as I haven't seen it in ?

Sign up on Canadiangunnutz forum where they have an active airgun subforum. I don't think there are nearly enough airgun shooters on this forum to justify creating a new subforum.

CGN has over 200,000 members and there's only a few new threads started daily in the air gun section.
I guess that would be my point 312 . CGN does have a lot of members , with lets say only a few air rifle threads "daily " , which I wasn't seeing on the other Canadian sight . The question was put out to air rifle users , competitors , hunters and anyone considering the sport . For the rest who don't participate , it's kind of a dead point . I have contacted administration and for reasons discussed in their reply , the topic is on the back burner . I was just putting feelers out to the above , who might be interested , to voice " their opinions " , in the event this might be considered . Obviously , if there is little interest , even down the road , it won't fly . That being said , anyone who has info. on Ontario or Canadian air gun sites , that are active , feel free to PM me . Or hey .... If you are interested , let everyone know .

its a U.S. site...
That's the hang up . Although they are great for exchange of info on , set ups , DIY's , the latest gear and accessories and hunting , the local competition events ( Ontario ) aren't usually listed and some parts and accessories might not be accessible here in Canada . I am also on a few Ontario hunting forums and once again Mick , this is a different animal , that is seldom seen , even when talking small game hunting here . But on your topic of a photo forum , I personally would agree with it and unless I really had something worth showing , I doubt I'd use it . But I see no reason not to post pics with threads any time somebody sees fit , as long as they are tasteful , regardless if stomp chooses to create a separate photo forum .

I love my 20 cal which I use mainly for critter control. Another forum would provide additional reading and thoughts and ideas. Might take off, might not, only one way to find out.
By the way GPS , thanks for the response . At least I know there's someone else out there .

ya Mark Rokslide forum is a great site to exchange info that you won't find around here and a good place to go for a firearm related questions that get best answered
what is lacking in our shooting world here in southwestern ontario is custom gunsmithing..theres just a few around...and the only good ones are backed up where you can't even get to schedule service...so the work i am looking at getting done.. will be shipping to either alberta or B.C. ..thats the way it is for equipment I need too...theres one shop called Ellwood Epps in Orillia that I have done business with but would rather not...so I order most of my shooting accessories and supplies from out west..B.C reliable gun & corlanes..and I will need leopold customer service alberta again for some custom dials.. they are a friendly bunch to deal with out there...and I get what i want & need.. and best price..except for ammo...but then I still have to have it ordered in from a local toronto warehouse what I have tried to accomplish as taken years..and if I am ready with my big boy 300 rum come May 14th it will be a miracle..ya its been a struggle...and I blame remington arms long story my friends..and the day I cant shoot 350 yds anymore is slowly coming ..then my hunting career is done..

There is a "Fishing Pix" tab at the top of this page, or at least on my browser there is..
Ive never posted to it, but have browsed it occasionally,, some good stuff in there.
It just needs a "new" bullet to high lite it when thers a new pics posted.

My hunting party found some really nice air pistols that are just under the firearm velocity, and they are great for bird hunting while big game hunting. But to track them down, find a supplier, get them imported etc etc was a huge pita,, would have been great to be able to ask someone local, maybe got something similar or better for cheaper, etc..

ya good idea @fireram for ruffed grouse..especially on a small bunch...and where your not shooting up the neigbourhood with gunpowder..alot cheaper for ammo...ya I knew one local up north used a slingshot on grouse and was good at it..ya miss eating them.

theres a limit on fps..not suprised..I see Cabelas sells a gamo magnum pellet rifle..ya $500..any thing cabelas sells with a mounted scope is usually garbage..better off buying seperate..ya the days of buillding a rifle for $1000 is long gone..

I'm in Hamilton on the mountain. I used to bring it to Silverdale gun club along with my Savage .17HMR. I used to shoot at a good friend's place in Caistor Center until he passed away one year ago. I live in the city and cannot shoot either, although there are enough squirrels in my neighbourhood to supply plenty of targets and stewing meat. In Caistor center there were only wild apples, setup targets, and occasional birds. The neighbour used to setup an injured rabbit squealer and wait for coyotes but never shot or even saw any. I'm actually thinking of selling my stuff off.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks