Off Topic Air ride seats

Rylann

I was debating on putting in air ride pedestal seat mounts. I didn't want to go and spend 800-900 bucks on smooth moves, but just wanted something with a little give in it. Boat is a 22 ft aluminum Starcraft. An old girl but a really solid set up. What is everyone else doing for ride comfort?

I bought 2 awesome kevlar seats with adjustable pedestals & arm rests for my boat from transport dealership in London (Exeter road) The price was amazing considering after looking into “boat seats” every where else! I think they worked out to around $300 each! They are extremely comfortable & water/weather resistant ??

That's the direction I was going. I have heard of people using tractor seats as well. The only problem I have is most of those seats are black. I kind of like the skin attached to my ass. I didn't want to burn it off.

i bought smooth moves from extreme marine last summer .i was amazed .like riding on cloud in rough water.1700 crestliner.ps. if fitted right.

Gr8 when the bay is bumpy! Btw they came with armrests on both sides which is definitely a must for giving your shoulders a break!? They have a vertical adjustment that will move up & down @ least 10”! Nice to b able to see over bow when required!! Lol?

i bought smooth moves from extreme marine last summer .i was amazed .like riding on cloud in rough water.1700 crestliner.ps. if fitted right.

I have a creatliner 1750 superhawk and was looking into some seats like smooth moves, but one of my trolling motor batteries is right below the dash, needing me to have to take the captain chair out to get under there with room and take out the battery/ put it in. The crestliner I have had pedestal that goes into the floor.. does yours not have a battery under the dash?

I put these WavePro's in and they work quite well. They fit into the existing seat base and are movable so you can get under the dash. They aren't cheap either but sure take a load of my sore neck.

https://waveproshock.com/

Look at springfieldgrp.com. Just ordered the ez-ride wave dampening pedestal. With base and seat mount bracket $385 plus tax. Hopefully it is a back saver for Erie. Howell’s marine in Chatham.

@Rylann... The Smooth Moves are expensive but they are head and shoulders better than air ride pedestal seat mounts any day. The pedestals are better than nothing but did little for my back in rough water. Just my opinion.

@Rylann... The Smooth Moves are expensive but they are head and shoulders better than air ride pedestal seat mounts any day. The pedestals are better than nothing but did little for my back in rough water. Just my opinion.
I'm pondering an air bag set up, that I will build myself. I'm thinking a 4" air spring with some sort of guiding set up. Either pins and bushings or scissors. I am hoping to have time to design something this week. It is almost open water fishing season!

Look at springfieldgrp.com. Just ordered the ez-ride wave dampening pedestal. With base and seat mount bracket $385 plus tax. Hopefully it is a back saver for Erie. Howell’s marine in Chatham.
Let me know how they work when you get them! That is an attractive price compared to around 1000-1400 for other models. Any further update would be much appreciated! Cheers

@Wave Runner have you installed one of those Smooth Moves seat for a passenger seat as well yet ? just in case you invite the @Red Hering on your boat again?? LOL :ROFLMAO:??;)?:D

@Wave Runner have you installed one of those Smooth Moves seat for a passenger seat as well yet ? just in case you invite the @Red Hering on your boat again?? LOL :ROFLMAO:??;)?:D
Love to have you onboard again Erich and you're invited anytime to fish on my boat but at this present time passengers are not afforded the luxury of a Smooth Moves seat. :sorry: :giggle:

I might add that since I bought that Smooth Moves I have not had a sore back one single time after a choppy ride back in from a day out fishing. ??

If anyone is interested in the Smooth Moves seats Xtreme Marine in London is selling them for $730 + HST which is the best price around that I know of. ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks