Air Fryer - Burnt Plastic Smell?

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
We're now on to our second air fryer and are, again, disappointed. The first fryer was a Gourmia (returned to Costco) and the second an Instant Pot. Both produce a burnt plastic smell in the kitchen air and in the cooked food. This smell hangs around long after the first few uses and despite @Mrs. Stomp 's best efforts to use vinegar, lemon juice, and a 10 step process to rid the units of the odour. Maybe this is like my sensitivity to the reel clicker sound, but if my food smells like burnt plastic, I am not eating it! Has anyone else had this issue? Is there an air fryer out there that doesn't produce food that smells like it came out of the Love Canal, NY?

I don't have a fryer for you but we have a couple of Lampe Berger products (Jill's Table) and they are a type of scented oil lamps that absolutely remove any odours from food cooking. Lots of scents to choose from. Light and leave lit for two minuets then blow out and let work for 7-10 minutes and then put the cap back on.

1663420664706.png

nice 70's reference

Happy with ours but after doing chicken wings/drumsticks etc, the fryer has to be thoroughly cleaned or everything tastes and smells like chicken fat. 🌻

No issues with the Ninja and it sees a lot of use. We brought one for us and one for each of the kids when they went to school. The boy is half blood hound, I'm sure the way he can smell and he didn't have any . And it makes awesome Jerky.

Attachments

• 20220917_171955.jpg
    20220917_171955.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 5
Ninja and Cuisinart seem to be the manufacturer that gets all the good reviews for food processors and air fryers.

Our 20 year old Kitchen Aid finally gave up so we’ve been shopping

There’s a stainless Cuisinart on sale at Canadian Tire this week for $139 but doesn’t look quite the same as the one above, maybe a smaller model

Stomp, my wife picked up this Ninja Double Fryer about a year ago. It has been a champ with no plastic smell whatsoever. We did have some smoke off the one side when cooking a large roast that was touching the heating element. (LOL) However it cooks well and has a delay function so you can cook with the delay and have both sides finishing off at the same time.
I would give this one a thumbs up. 👍
She purchased it through Air Miles which was nice.
Good luck in your search for a replacement.

20220918_084508 (1).jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks