Additional Deer Seals Available Today

another year where we dont get an additional tag for 90 lol...WTF is going on
Over population- too many collisions on the hwys. Catfish Creek watershed is overpopulated with Deer. Wait and see, there will be a 'Cull' in the future with the tick explosion the Provincial Gov. now agrees to. IMHO :inpain:

Maybe time for a re-vamp of the whole entire southern ont deer reg's?? Problem is the ministry that we pay for won't even consider changes, their way is the only way?

Thanks for the heads up!! No additionals in 91 but 82A cottage here I come!!

Really..... the least the MNR could do is make sure all that apply for the Controlled Hunts get a permit. Couple of years back two of my guys didn't get drawn and we've been hunting for over 20 years down here in 90B. WTF !

As for extra seals ? I needed a couple more seals that year they were available because we lucked out and filled our crews tags early that November but went to buy extras and they were sold out.....wtf ? Other hunters bought them all up hoping to fill them and from what I heard they gave away their money to the MNR because they didn't bag anything. The MNR laughed all the way to the bank, the guys who gambled lost and I watched deer stroll through my backyard. It should be you fill your first tag/seal then you can buy a second.

BTW; We went duck hunting the rest of that week and had some good action so no tears in our beers. LoL !

Really..... the least the MNR could do is make sure all that apply for the Controlled Hunts get a permit. Couple of years back two of my guys didn't get drawn and we've been hunting for over 20 years down here in 90B. WTF !

As for extra seals ? I needed a couple more seals that year they were available because we lucked out and filled our crews tags early that November but went to buy extras and they were sold out.....wtf ? Other hunters bought them all up hoping to fill them and from what I heard they gave away their money to the MNR because they didn't bag anything. The MNR laughed all the way to the bank, the guys who gambled lost and I watched deer stroll through my backyard. It should be you fill your first tag/seal then you can buy a second.

BTW; We went duck hunting the rest of that week and had some good action so no tears in our beers. LoL !

Some great points here.

The MNR's response for years has been consistent: The controlled hunt numbers are limited to reduce the number of hunters on the landscape, therefore reducing the number of conflicts. They have nothing to do with the deer population. Rightly or wrongly that's been the message.

Personally - I am one of those guys who gives the MNR the money and takes the gamble. I don't usually have any trouble finding deer and I'd like to put one in the freezer then wait and see if the big boy shows up. The extra $50 doesn't make much of an impact on my annual hunting budget and at least a portion goes to put gas in the CO's truck. Heck, I spend $50 just in gas between the truck and boat just to get on the water once, and that doesn't guarantee me a fish or a duck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks