Accessing Big Otter Creek for fishing

murph

I'm looking to do some fishing on Big Otter Creek south of Tillsonburg. I Google Mapped the area to find areas I could access the creek. I'm not looking for your honey holes (although I would gladly take that info). What I'm looking for is areas I should avoid due to private property or other issues. I don't want to trespass on anyone's property or any property that may be in question. Thanks

Just to let ya know...if you are walking & fishing the otter this coming week, the last muzzleloader deer hunt week starts on monday december 4th ...just to advise you your in prime deer country fishin the otter in Bayham Township. There will be hot & heavy local deer hunters out & about...Its a very good idea to wear fluorescent orange, like a hat and or vest...just for your safety...personally I wear a fluorescent orange hat while walking & fishin during the hunts.

I grew up on the otter all my life years ago u never ever saw a no trespassing signs on property butting up to access the otter now it's littered with them thanks to ediots leaving garbage or destroying farmers lane ways or proerty the best way to fish otter now is canoe

the dumping of large amounts of garbage piled up over the side of the road down there at the bottom of the otter we call spooky hollow..there is appliances, and junk and rubbish, its a dumping ground...i remember another stream where I was hunting one january day and found a box of little puppies in a card board box wimpering...most had frozen to death...I know dam well someone drove out to the country and dumped them alive in the freezing cold...

most of us fishermen and hunters have respect for our outdoors...and when it comes to the lands...we leave nothing but footprints..

Last edited:
I use to fish the spooky hallow spot now the land owner as of last year dosent want anybody on there either do to all the garbage being dumped and down in Richmond hills I call it that whole area from 3 to 45 is posted to do to garbage being dumped

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks