Off Topic Abandoned Ice Hut

Someone has left an ice hut in front of Booths Harbour, approx. 1 mile (?) from shore. I am sure someone's motor and/or keel will find its exact location this boating season. Who do we report this to? A drone may find a registration number, name or identifying markings.

Someone has left an ice hut in front of Booths Harbour, approx. 1 mile (?) from shore. I am sure someone's motor and/or keel will find its exact location this boating season. Who do we report this to? A drone may find a registration number, name or identifying markings.
Not happy I live and boat out of booths harbour. I’ll be pissed if I hit it.

We just bought down in Booths and went down to the trailer today .. this hut is view able from shore and as said its approximately a mile southeast of Booths. Hopefully the winds will carry it into shore before boating season starts up or someones going to be extremely angry when the hit it.

We just bought down in Booths and went down to the trailer today .. this hut is view able from shore and as said its approximately a mile southeast of Booths. Hopefully the winds will carry it into shore before boating season starts up or someones going to be extremely angry when the hit it.
Hope it does blow to the east shore, congrats and welcome to booths MartyS66

The person that own's the hut need's to be found and get a fine. But that probably won't happen. One of us boater's will find it the hard way and hopefully no one get's hurt if they do hit it

Would be great karma if the person who left it there has their motor hit it during the beginning of boating season, and hit it hard enough to break the wood apart and no longer be a danger to other boaters motors.

I contacted the MNR earlier today. Thanks for all you help.

Not too long ago there was an MNR staff member who cared more about the bay than following the rules. He'd go and burn all the frozen-in huts before ice out. 99% are smart enough to pull the numbers when they figure out that they aren't taking it home.

Who ever the owner is he really don't give a s--t about boaters or he would have gotten it off long ago

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks