A Tundra Swan Season in 2020

Tundra Swan

Dear Fellow Waterfowlers,

This is to advise you that I left a formal letter at the LPWMU office on September 16, 2019 to be posted at the office along with several "handout" copies of this letter (in a reduced format) for anyone interested in a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season.

I was advised that the Long Point Waterfowlers' Association would have to approve the posting of this letter but that this should not be a problem. Hopefully this approval has been obtained by the time you read this notice and you can pick up a copy of this "handout" at the LPWMU office the next time you are down at Long Point.

I also left a copy of the article "Trophy Tundras" that was published in the Delta Waterfowl 2019 Hunt Annual magazine (see page 34 if you have the issue) at the LPWMU office to be posted for those who are not currently Delta Waterfowl members. I included a copy of the approval that I received from Mr. P. Wait (Editor/Publisher, Delta Waterfowl) permitting me to distribute copies of this article.

It has been nearly ten (10) years since I started working on this Tundra Swan proposal and I have developed several files regarding this issue ... too many to count off hand. Please submit your support to the CWS accordingly to make this happen in 2020.

For those of you who may not be Delta Waterfowl members ... please consider joining now.

J. Katchin, D.V.M.

Hello Guys,

If anyone has a fax machine I could fax a copy of my "handout" to you so that you could scan and post it on this "waterfowl" forum for others to read. I currently have my "handout" on a different system so I am not able to cut and paste my "handout" to this "waterfowl" forum.

Please send me your fax number by e-mail (thebuddyboy@hotmail.com) and I will send you a copy of my one page "handout" even if you are not able to scan and post it on this "waterfowl" forum. In the meantime you can send your support for such a season to Mr. Jack Hughes (jack.hughes@canada.ca)

Jerome

PS I would really appreciate someone's help with this.

Last edited:
Sorry, I dont have a fax, but you could try taking a picture with your phone and post that here.

Hello Firearm,

I forgot that I could do that ... did it once before regarding another issue with my Samsung Tablet but I needed help from a lady at the gym ... will try next week.

Another guy told me that he would ask his wife to scan and post the hard copy that I gave to him ... let us hope that she can do it.

Jerome

798 Highway 59
Port Rowan, Ontario
N0E 1M0

February 24, 2020

Dear Waterfowlers:

I am writing to advise you that no provisions for a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season were included in the proposed changes to the Migratory Game Bird Regulations as a result of the review process that occurred last fall. I would also like to advise you of what happened last fall that resulted in a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season not being accepted and supported by the respective Provincial Governments during this review process.

I was advised by a representative of the Canadian Wildlife Service (Prairie Region) in January that although they had support from Delta Waterfowl, the Manitoba Wildlife Federation and the Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation for my proposal the representatives from Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta had not received such a proposal from "stakeholders" within their respective provinces ... consequently they did not support the proposal at that time.

I was also advised by a representative of the Canadian Wildlife Service (Ontario Region) in January that although they had received letters of support from other individuals for my proposal the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters "is not pushing it" and consequently the issue was not discussed during the review process this past fall. I was assured however that Delta Waterfowl was in fact supporting such a season in Ontario as well.

I would like to thank Delta Waterfowl, the Manitoba Wildlife Federation and the Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation for their effort and support for such a season as well as those individuals who submitted a personal letter of support for such a season. Hopefully the next round of discussions in the fall of 2021 will be more productive for us ... having learnt from what happened during the review process this past fall.

Sincerely,

J. Katchin, D.V.M.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks