A good news article

spincast

Darryl is just a little proud of his part in this program - but who can blame him. It's nice to see some success stories on fish management practices. For years Darryl was a vocal critic of the Atlantic Salmon stocking program, providing many reasons why it wouldn't succeed. Ontario poured millions of dollars and 100s of millions of Atlantics into the Lake, and yet we still call 'em unicorns. Anyway - a good read for a windy day.
https://www.glangler.com/blogs/arti...52LVxCPy4knn7h8s5aMlro0bABTcH1xrvRAdBeLpHmycU

Great read.
I learnt how to float fish on the saugeen, what a rush when you hook up and you’re new to it. It was about 10years ago. I remember seeing the whole stretch of people hooking up. I think the fishing has slowed down over the years. It would be nice to know the numbers now compared to 10years ago.

Aahhhhh .... Choronzy. it's been years but I still miss his fireside chats.
I’ll never forget his “Campfire Comments” when he was telling people if they don’t like bass fishermen fishing around their cottage docks, etc in their Ranger’s to keep a pail of rocks nearby. “A couple chips out of their gel coat and they’ll move on” lmfao. They broke the mould when Darryl was born. All time great.

Great read.
I learnt how to float fish on the saugeen, what a rush when you hook up and you’re new to it. It was about 10years ago. I remember seeing the whole stretch of people hooking up. I think the fishing has slowed down over the years. It would be nice to know the numbers now compared to 10years ago.
I'm assuming these numbers are current. This was dated Sept 22, 22

Great read @spincast and I too have a special place for the mighty Saugeen. I spent many a days there fishing in the late 80s and early 90s. It is good to see the hard work of the Ontario Steelheaders river rehab work, trucking fish up river in their customized tanker as well as the collection of eggs program has paid off. I have been wanting to get back up to the Geen and it was good to read it is now considered a "Top Class Fishery"
I was a member of the Ontario Steelheaders years ago so glad to see their and other local clubs years of labour ending in such a success story.🤙

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks