A few recent Steelhead trips........

many thanks for the pics and tips josh and quinner. here's to hoping my next outing results in at least ONE :D

My most recent catch. Fresh steel, first one on a bead. Great fight, couldn't quite land it all on my own, had to ask a guy to help net it for me. Sometimes being the only girl on a river comes in handy :)

9667_10151108728436148_1398654113_n.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by quinner01

How about just one more. Yesterday afternoon.

IMG_3137.jpg

DSCF3054.jpg

That's one nice brown - 6-7 lbs? great catch

Wojo

WOW! You guys make it look so easy.I took up float fishing this year and, honestly, my technique sucks! I'm 0 for 4.Can hook them but can't land them. I guess it's a matter of seat time.I would like to figure this out before heading back to B.C.in the spring as some are landing bows upward of 30lbs from the Kootenay lake tribs...and releasing them.:)Anyway, Josh,Quinner, thanks for the excellent reports and photos. I appreciate your efforts.

cheers...

Yeah she went back unharmed. Good eye for that egg ;)

Its all just a guess at size, youre in the ballpark wojo, maybe just a tad more due to being fat and full of eggs.

And cmac, the biggest factor is patience. We were all there at some point. Its no easy game. At least youre hooking into a few. Make sure you talk to people on the river; most people are generous, will give you tips, and try and help you out (unless its BOBO). Sometimes just taking a minute to observe others can help as well. Good luck.

Talking to people is the single most important tip I can give. Getting first hand help on the river from people that have been doing it for years goes a long way.

DSCF3054.jpg

this is my first post, as a new member i will buy bobo a muzzle just to save you guys from hearing his crap, hey bobo you live around port rowan?;)

to fish or not to fish. fish.

quote:
Originally posted by lovetrout

Love to let most of them go.....LOVE to eat a few too!!!!!

Same here :)

quinner, thanks for the feed back. My biggest challenge when attempting to land the fish is, when the line goes slack in combination with barbless hooks. You are correct, ask questions, observe and seat time.
Thanks again.

cheers,
Mike

Angler4life, I don't live close to Rowan but am coming down that way to fish this weekend. PM me and we can hook up to do some fishing, bring that muzzle.

And Remember Angler4life, Be sure to take Notes as Bobo can out fish anybody anytime anywhere..

Team Rau..!

Oh rau, I forgot to mention your pink hoodie was in the lost and found at my laundry mat;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks