A fantastic time again @ the LPBAA/Erie Bassmasters Fall Pike Classic!! ???

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
A very early departure,(around 5 a.m.),for me from my driveway,CC84D834-A836-4617-B337-7E89D48FCE4C.jpeg and after scraping the frost off my windshield of my truck,it was then time to meet up with my partner @Wave Runner.We arrived after a 1 1/2 hour drive to the registration office at the Old Cut Marina. @Dotcom E65A517B-DF58-4FDA-BEE1-342071E227D4.jpeg and George C22587EB-1801-432E-BE94-3F6AEE48587D.jpeg already had everything set up as always & it was great to see them both again & “Thumbs Up” (2nd last photo).While we were waiting for the 8 a.m. “Blast Off,” we met up with @Three Bouys & @stomp and they were both very generous in offering us some of their crispy cream donuts.9B694AD5-184E-4990-9C5C-7DD9D04F5058.jpeg ??? It was great to see you both again & to compete against you as well!!o_O;)? It was also nice to meet some of the other fishing ?? team’s ??young and old that were competing in this Pike Classic.?? While fishing in the tournament,my partner @Wave Runner caught this beautiful 30 inch walleye at 6.5 lbs.,(last photo),which was released & not the kind of fish that we were looking for in this tournament,but a gorgeous o_O?walleye all around.In total,we caught 7 pike,but they didn’t weigh enough,(next time ;):) ),to finish in the top 3 finish.Congratulations to the 1st place team @stomp and @Three Bouys and also for their 3 Peat!! :eek:33480246-A163-458D-923D-5DD6BF6C4D57.jpeg???? To my surprise,I won the 50/50 draw of $140 04CBE02E-74E3-4C13-93C3-EE7F1C970C58.jpeg donated by @stomp and thanks!!?o_O?:) Overall,a great job done by the LPBAA/Erie Bassmaster,and it is always nice to see the LPBAA Live Release Boat 8B46B498-A7A2-41B6-8830-88A1E1E52BC8.jpeg there,and releasing all the pike’s afterwards that were entered in the pike tournament yesterday,and thanks to @Dotcom and @spilliard1 ? ?;):)

Attachments

• 33F7DF5B-ECAA-43EC-B31B-3976B40785D5.jpeg
    33F7DF5B-ECAA-43EC-B31B-3976B40785D5.jpeg
    833.2 KB · Views: 109
  • FF06740C-1698-45A5-9ADC-F9D8FD361303.jpeg
    FF06740C-1698-45A5-9ADC-F9D8FD361303.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Looks like the event was a great success! Congrats to stomp and three bouys for the first place finish!?? Great weather, good fishing and great friends!!! For all the organizers, good on ya mates for all your efforts on putting on an outstanding event!Awesome job! Just couldn't get "daboatwithnoname" lol ready in time for the Fall Classic but she will be ready for the Spring event. Looking forward to joining y'all next year.
Wishing everyone a successful and safe hard water season.
cheers!

A very early departure,(around 5 a.m.),for me from my driveway,View attachment 18869 and after scraping the frost off my windshield of my truck,it was then time to meet up with my partner @Wave Runner.We arrived after a 1 1/2 hour drive to the registration office at the Old Cut Marina. @Dotcom View attachment 18871 and George View attachment 18873 already had everything set up as always & it was great to see them both again & “Thumbs Up” (2nd last photo).While we were waiting for the 8 a.m. “Blast Off,” we met up with @Three Bouys & @stomp and they were both very generous in offering us some of their crispy cream donuts.View attachment 18899 ??? It was great to see you both again & to compete against you as well!!o_O;)? It was also nice to meet some of the other fishing ?? team’s ??young and old that were competing in this Pike Classic.?? While fishing in the tournament,my partner @Wave Runner caught this beautiful 30 inch walleye at 6.5 lbs.,(last photo),which was released & not the kind of fish that we were looking for in this tournament,but a gorgeous o_O?walleye all around.In total,we caught 7 pike,but they didn’t weigh enough,(next time ;):) ),to finish in the top 3 finish.Congratulations to the 1st place team @stomp and @Three Bouys and also for their 3 Peat!! :eek:View attachment 18902???? To my surprise,I won the 50/50 draw of $140 View attachment 18904 donated by @stomp and thanks!!?o_O?:) Overall,a great job done by the LPBAA/Erie Bassmaster,and it is always nice to see the LPBAA Live Release Boat View attachment 18908 there,and releasing all the pike’s afterwards that were entered in the pike tournament yesterday,and thanks to @Dotcom and @spilliard1 ? ?;):)
@Red Hering and hope those Krispy Kreme donuts were good. I forgot which one I squeezed a laxative in it ???
Thanks for the day my friend it was good to see you.

As a bonafide cheerleader, it was great to watch the weigh in. I quite enjoyed watching everyone laughing and having a great time. In case you're interested, I was carrying my "scuba tank" for my oxygen/COPD. ? It was great to be outside in such gorgeous weather. Well done !

As a bonafide cheerleader, it was great to watch the weigh in. I quite enjoyed watching everyone laughing and having a great time. In case you're interested, I was carrying my "scuba tank" for my oxygen/COPD. ? It was great to be outside in such gorgeous weather. Well done !
I remember seeing you @JETHRO but I didn’t know who you were.It would of been nice to have met another @stomp 68 member 738EB2DF-9C8F-4459-B9B1-7E0B3F46EE97.jpeg but perhaps at the next pike classic,and all the best.?:)

:oops:
@Red Hering and hope those Krispy Kreme donuts were good. I forgot which one I squeezed a laxative in it ???
Thanks for the day my friend it was good to see you.
:oops:WOW!!:oops: @Three Bouys some friend you are!! :mad: lol ??? and that explains the many stops that I had to make along highway 401 on my way back home to London!! :( ;)That’s why I was hesitant to take one of your donut’s 711B02F0-110B-4A9F-8D25-D71864E22AFF.jpeg before the 8 a.m. “Blast Off.” But,like a pike chasing a lure,I couldn’t refuse!! :p;)Likewise my friend,like always,it is always great to see you as well,and the long range forecast looks good for more long point bay pike fishing!!o_O I need to fish more in the Fall for pike,to figure out their Fall “pattern” on long point bay.I will call you when I am in the long point bay area,(winds permitting),and “No Thanks”if you are offering me a donut again!! ?lol? ;) Also,a photo of your boat 81D7F045-F34F-4543-A568-73B0E21D112D.jpeg heading to the “trophy” pike grounds.Congratulations again to you and @stomp for your 1st place finish 5CD657F1-1D67-40F4-94CB-C5B70856AD0D.jpeg B893AE14-57D5-4E38-9A04-F6D5C11B084D.jpeg and I can’t wait to fish another pike classic again!! o_O?It was a lot of FUN,just like all of the other pike classic’s in the past year’s!!o_O?:)

Congrats to Stomp and 3 Buoys for I hear another win..... Red congrats to you and waverunner for your continued effort in this tournament... nice PIC by the way...and as always a great report and pictures,,,keep up the good work.....this week the winds look nasty again,,,,Pocono
Thanks @poconokidII ?:) and yes,unfortunately the winds do look nasty for this week.:mad:? I had my boat still hooked up to my truck yesterday from the pike tournament,and I was tempted to fish lake erie for walleye’s,but we had already made plans with family,etc.Here is hoping for more boating/fishing days left this Fall for a little while longer,and tight lines and perch & pike & walleye’s,etc.,ON!! to you,myself and others. ????C89141E1-FDFB-48B0-A924-63C1D03762D3.jpeg ?:)

So glad you came out to see our tournament...hope to see you again...we have front row seating too just let us know in advance...we will save you a seat...cheers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks