68 million litres

If my memory is correct it was manure run off near a town well in Walkerton that started their problem....that and a faulty Chlorinator which the people whose job it was to look after the water system were totally unqualified by todays standards to be in charge of such.

Yes it was manure run off that caused Walkerton. Manure management is a self policed, un-regulated statement. I live in factory farm turf? 1000's of acres managed by number'd company's? Mostly cash crop with desveristied interest in pork or birds? I get that before a pig/chicken shit factory can be built, they have to show on paper their waste management plan, acre's equal barn size, simple math.
Once twsp approved, good to go. I also get tanks/barns have to be emptied? Depending on the crop, starting at pea harvest to hard corn last week, rain or shine, if the field is harvested, empty the tanks, dump it?
Tractors hauling tandem honey wagons run here all day, and night.
Yey, London dumping after that rain, un-exshuseable, but what is pushed down field tiles to drains, to creeks and rivers, every day?

If you have a sump pump at your house take a look at where it discharges. If it goes to your household plumbing system you are also adding to the overflow problem.

If you have a sump pump at your house take a look at where it discharges. If it goes to your household plumbing system you are also adding to the overflow problem.
It's not legal to hook up gray water " ground water discharge " to your city sewer system

I had no idea @tailfeathers ... now, about that plan to establish a beach at the Forks of the Thames...:poop: :drowning:

i was going to hit the like button,,, but whats to like about that story ,,, shame on the fools that preach to us about the environment ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks