Off Topic 6-8 Donations Go Live...

It's official. I'm joining the ranks of the squeegee kids and intersection panhandlers and am now accepting donations on Channel 6-8. This is in response to suggestions for an ad-free experience on Channel 6-8. You can read more about the donation campaign @ https://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?donate/.
On the Donate page or other 6-8 pages you can press the View attachment 23961button to contribute. Donations are accepted through PayPal (you have to supply your mailing address for some reason). PayPal worked for me. For an e-transfer option, please contact me @ stomp@longpoint.on.ca or send me a PM.
PM send

When it gets back in my boathouse I’ll gladly take ya out for an awesome day on the bay!!! Due to high water, my BH needs abit of TLC96F1F48D-0ABF-4E77-97D1-A90DCE2B6908.pngC18CC0D2-ABBB-4C38-8865-EB8E012F166C.png

It's official. I'm joining the ranks of the squeegee kids and intersection panhandlers and am now accepting donations on Channel 6-8. This is in response to suggestions for an ad-free experience on Channel 6-8. You can read more about the donation campaign @ https://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?donate/.
On the Donate page or other 6-8 pages you can press the View attachment 23961button to contribute. Donations are accepted through PayPal (you have to supply your mailing address for some reason). PayPal worked for me. For an e-transfer option, please contact me @ stomp@longpoint.on.ca or send me a PM.

Hey Stomp, sent as etransfer

sixtyeight is password

Some items related to donations:
  1. Thanks to those who have donated!
  2. Paging Gerry W. G... Paging Gerry W. G... I could not map your generous donation to a username. I may have missed a related note. If I missed thanking/upgrading anyone else, please let me know.
  3. If you want to keep your donation private, but still want the ad-free experience, I've now implemented R.O.C. Stealth mode, You don't see ads, but no one knows you are a donor. Please let me know if you're a donor who wants to go incognito.
  4. Stickers - I have a small personal stock of Channel 6-8 beer coasters (around 20) for those who have already donated or plan to do so. Please send me a PM or e-mail stomp@longpoint.on.ca. First come, first serve.
  5. And finally, does anyone have any comments on the ad-free experience?

@stomp I found out yesterday there is no incognito if someone understands the resources of the site, eh @Wave Runner ? LOL

Ad free on a phone is totally better, and the amount I am using mine, it was a great change for contributing, PC use is livable either way.

Awesome job sir, even better place to be.

They're coming....... will you be ready? ?:LOL:????

Ads never bothered me but saves me a click when going to the next thread so I would have to say its an improvement. 68 is probably the single greatest fishing resource I've ever found. I Don't bother with the Facebook groups as much as I used to. I think that is mostly due to the great contributions from so many helpful and entertaining members on here. Thanks again @stomp for keeping the lights on!

Some items related to donations:
  1. Thanks to those who have donated!
  2. Paging Gerry W. G... Paging Gerry W. G... I could not map your generous donation to a username. I may have missed a related note. If I missed thanking/upgrading anyone else, please let me know.
  3. If you want to keep your donation private, but still want the ad-free experience, I've now implemented R.O.C. Stealth mode, You don't see ads, but no one knows you are a donor. Please let me know if you're a donor who wants to go incognito.
  4. Stickers - I have a small personal stock of Channel 6-8 beer coasters (around 20) for those who have already donated or plan to do so. Please send me a PM or e-mail stomp@longpoint.on.ca. First come, first serve.
  5. And finally, does anyone have any comments on the ad-free experience?
Made donation but still seeing ads?

Ads never bothered me but saves me a click when going to the next thread so I would have to say its an improvement. 68 is probably the single greatest fishing resource I've ever found. I Don't bother with the Facebook groups as much as I used to. I think that is mostly due to the great contributions from so many helpful and entertaining members on here. Thanks again @stomp for keeping the lights on!
x 2............never done facebook zero ads now.

The ad free experience for me has been incredible. Well worth a small donation. The most notable difference is on my phone. Often times I would have to dismiss multiple ads just to read a post and more if I was trying to make a post. When I’m bouncing around in a boat the easier it is to post the better imho. Thanks for all that you do Mr. Stomp!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks