5 gallon bucket seat?

TonyMo

Hey Guys,
I am looking for a 5 gallon bucket with padded seat to use as a hunting stool. I have searched Can Tire, Peavey Mart, Cabelas online but I cant seem to find a "ready made" one.
Have you guys seen any around?
I am considering just a regular hardware store one but they are using all white, orange, blue etc. I would have to prep it, prime and cover it with some kind of spray paint that bonds to plastic and then make a lid. I don't mind doing that.
Or how about 5 gallon buckets that are black or green or brown etc in colour. I don't see any of them around.

Go to a Burger King, they throw out a few each week.
Where are you located? I have access to lots of pails with lids. Make a foam pad and cover the whole thing with a brown or black heavy duty garbage bag.
Colour won’t matter to deer as long as it sits still.

I have read deer see the colour blue really well

Hey GPS, I am near Strathroy/London. I will slide by a Burger King and see what they may have. Thanks for the tip!

I don't mind fashioning a cover for a white bucket with burlap, duct tape, etc.... I just figured I would start by looking for a black/dark colour if they are available.

I have one or two black 5gal buckets you are welcome to, I'll look when i get home...

Here is one that I bought at Cabela's years ago. The link shows that they still carry something similar. The seats are great, they rotate 360 degrees and are quiet. You would just need to find the pail.

Attachments

• pail 1.jpg
    pail 1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 4
  • pail 2.jpg
    pail 2.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 4
I bought one of those firehouse pickle buckets lol

use it for fish cleaning

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks