3rd controlled muzzle load hunt

DaveJ

You spend a week getting organized, weeks before tending stands, shooting at the range, setting up the camp.
Day 1..its all over, tagged out. 2 does, 1 buck.
Freezer is full, home day 2....now what to do????
Bow hunt next week!

2022 dec deer.jpg

congrats DaveJ on 3 for 3

my normal would be turn in the hide for a crest
and go steelhead fishing

That’s what extra tags are for!!! I’m just waiting to have some spare time to hunt. I was hoping to get out for the local black powder hunt this week to fill my tag, or my spare bow tag seeing as how my son was nice enough to tag the deer I shot in rifle week. It doesn’t look like it’s going to happen though. Maybe next week with the bow!

Nice job, any friends or groups you know that you can party hunt with?
If you're tagged out how can you bow hunt next week?

Well done, talked to a buddy earlier with a kick ass properly, they put 15 down in 6 hrs

Seeing a lot more deer movement during this second season. Let 3 more walk last night looking for the big one. Seems the 2nd rut hit about perfect. Chasing does all over the place in Haldimand it seems.

Nice job, any friends or groups you know that you can party hunt with?
If you're tagged out how can you bow hunt next week?
Ill bow hunt..I have a 2nd bow tag so good to go. I don't know any other muzzleload groups in 92A although one of the landowners has a tag but cant be there..sad!!

Reactions: GPS
congrats DaveJ on 3 for 3

my normal would be turn in the hide for a crest
and go steelhead fishing
No place for the hides anymore. Yeah steelies are probably good right now..Im getting some chores done so I can bowhunt next week.

Seeing a lot more deer movement during this second season. Let 3 more walk last night looking for the big one. Seems the 2nd rut hit about perfect. Chasing does all over the place in Haldimand it seems.
I agree. They were all over the place Monday. I think they start to yard a bit on our property cause its so thick with reforestation. Big groups of does, bucks still circling. Hope next week bowhunting will keep it going.

Im going to do the same....get a bit of bowhunting in and then get out for some steel action before year end. Hoping the water levels are coming up finally in big creek. Havent looked for a couple weeks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks