2019 MNR hunting and fishing licence Summary

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
2019 MNR Ontario Hunting and Fishing Licence Summary
There are some substantial changes to the 2019 Ontario Hunting and Fishing Licencing you need to know.

Listed below is a summary of the key points in the new MNR Ontario Hunting and Fishing Licence changes for 2019.
Here is information you will need to know about hunting and fishing in Ontario.
General Information
  • No licences or game seals will be available for purchase between November 19-25, 2018.
  • No game seals will be available for sale between November 19 and December 31, 2018.
  • There will be only one type of Outdoors Card, where as before there was a fishing or a hunting version.
  • Your current Outdoors Card is still valid until the expiry date. You will then receive the new Outdoors Card when you renew your card.
  • You will now have to carry a “Licence Summary” for proof of your current hunting and fishing licences:
    • After January 1st, 2019 you can print multiple copies of your Licence Summary from home.
    • It will be your responsibility to protect any print outs from weather and keep them in good, legible condition.
    • Licence Summary will be available at participating locations where you can purchase licences.
    • A digital format of your Licence Summary will be available and is sufficient as proof of purchase.
Tags will replace game seals
  • Effective January 1, 2019, game seals will be replaced by tags.
  • Tags will be determined by the hunting accreditation on a hunter’s profile, purchased licences and draw results.
  • Clients will be able to print tags at home on 8.5″ x 11″ copy paper. Clients will only be able to print their tags once from home.
  • If clients do not have a computer or printer or prefer to buy or print a tag in person, they can still visit a licence issuer or participating Service Ontario location. Tags will not be mailed to clients.
  • Clients must also:
    • Ensure the paper tags are protected from the weather, intact and legible at all times.
    • Notch tags with the day, month and time immediately after the kill, at the site of the kill and before moving the animal.
    • Either accompany the animal and be able to immediately produce the tag for inspection OR
    • securely attach the tag if not accompanying the animal.
Mandatory Hunter Reporting
  • The ministry is changing their approach to hunter reporting. Beginning on January 1, 2019, anyone who is issued a tag for moose, deer, elk, bear, turkey, and/or wolf/coyote (in select WMUs where a tag is required) will be required to complete a mandatory hunter report even if the client didn’t hunt or harvest an animal.
  • Clients will now have the option to complete reports online or by phone. You will no longer receive postcard surveys by mail.
Hunter Apprenticeship Safety Program
  • If a hunter is between the ages of 12 – 14, they will be considered an apprentice hunter effective January 1, 2019.
  • Apprentice hunters will need to buy an Outdoors Card to participate in the Hunter Apprenticeship Safety Program. The Outdoors Card will replace the Hunter Apprenticeship Safety Card.
  • Apprentice hunters who do not wish to purchase their own licences who currently have a valid hunter apprenticeship safety card can continue to use this card until its expiry date.
  • Apprentice hunters will have the option to buy select hunting licences and tags that are not obtained through a draw providing them with their own bag limit.
New Dog Licences
  • As of January 1, 2019 three separate dog licences (moose/deer, bear and raccoon) will be combined into a single dog licence.
  • The new dog licence will allow the dog to participate in the hunt for moose, deer, black bear and/or raccoon in areas where hunting with dogs is permitted.

MNR is cutting there cost of processing licences.. so to me.. the change is good..

ok a licence summary of your entitlement and what you have ...what is incomplete above is buying your particular game licence/tag (game seal).. sounds like you can buy them online?

ok the outdoor card still applies... I am not sure if my outdoor card expires this year or not...I forgot all about it...but i think it does, so I can renew and pay for it online and print off a copy of it right then that is valid...

I will figure it out when I get home the end of April..I will need a ontario bear licence at that time as bear season opens May 1...

most likely I can still go to our dixie dairy bar in St.thomas and buy one...which was a licence issuer...

can somebody update that info please & thankyou when you can...

to me, this is a "set up to fail" process. More moving parts means more things to go wrong. Can't wait to walk some crown block somewhere...and see papers (aka License Summary and Paper Tags) blowing in the wind. This is a process thought of by desk jockies, not end users.

How much consultation with end users was there on this? And still, zero biology in decisions regarding tag allotment.

King Joe

What was wrong with stickers? They didn't get lost and you didn't haven't 4 pieces of paper in your wallet plus an outdoor card a pal card and a township licence.

We all cry about government spending ie ; taxes. So the beancounters find a way to cut costs as in no service, less services or diy service but yet they still raise fees on everything. As a consumer I wish I had the option to shop elsewhere but such is not the case. Why are not all Service Ontario offices offering all services from our government ? This should be corrected immediately as far as I'm concerned. There are still taxpayers out there that are not tech savvy or may be just old fashion in they way they purchase things [cash no credit cards].

This year I have not seen one MNRF vehicle between Long Point and Clear Creek. At least last year I seen one drive past the farm. Now we "have to" report to the government regarding our harvests ? No mail in option ? WTF ? And what punishment awaits you should you fail to ?

End user consultation ? LMFAO !!! The last thing they want is to hear from us !

to me, this is a "set up to fail" process. More moving parts means more things to go wrong. Can't wait to walk some crown block somewhere...and see papers (aka License Summary and Paper Tags) blowing in the wind. This is a process thought of by desk jockies, not end users.

How much consultation with end users was there on this? And still, zero biology in decisions regarding tag allotment.

King Joe

A single piece of paper (summary) is the only additional piece of paper we will have to carry. It's odd how you think suddenly there will be papers flying everywhere when the tags we've always used could blow away just as easily?

What do you mean by "And still, zero biology decisions regarding tag allotment"? Do you think they just guess?

We all cry about government spending ie ; taxes. So the beancounters find a way to cut costs as in no service, less services or diy service but yet they still raise fees on everything. As a consumer I wish I had the option to shop elsewhere but such is not the case. Why are not all Service Ontario offices offering all services from our government ? This should be corrected immediately as far as I'm concerned. There are still taxpayers out there that are not tech savvy or may be just old fashion in they way they purchase things [cash no credit cards].

This year I have not seen one MNRF vehicle between Long Point and Clear Creek. At least last year I seen one drive past the farm. Now we "have to" report to the government regarding our harvests ? No mail in option ? WTF ? And what punishment awaits you should you fail to ?

End user consultation ? LMFAO !!! The last thing they want is to hear from us !

Failure to report will likely just result in being denied your tag the followng year for whatever species you failed to report.

Last i heard there was tons of unpaid fines because the MNRF can't really do anything to collect the money. Maybe thats changed though?

News Release
Fishing Licence Fee Freeze
Ontario Cancels Scheduled 2019 Licence Fee Increase

December 17, 2018 4:48 P.M.
Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry

Ontario's Government for the People is making life more affordable by putting a stop to fishing licence fee increases for all Ontario residents and removing the $2 service fee.

"We're making it easier for Ontarians to get out on the water and enjoy the great outdoors by keeping fishing licences more affordable," said John Yakabuski, Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry. "Next year, whether renewing a licence or purchasing for the first time, there will be no price hike and no service fee. This will put $2.7 million back into the pockets of the hard-working people of Ontario."

In addition to freezing fees, the government is adding two new licence-free fishing events in 2019 on the weekends of Mother's Day and Father's Day. Families will be able to enjoy fishing at no cost, making it easier to spend time together.

"Recreational fishing is a $2.2 billion industry in Ontario," said Minister Yakabuski. "People come from all over the world to experience what this beautiful province has to offer, including fishing in our many lakes, rivers and streams, and we are helping the people of this province and their families do the same."

For more information on fishing in Ontario, please visit: https://www.ontario.ca/fishing.

Ontario's Government for the People also recently announced its plan to honour past and present members of the Canadian Armed Forces by amending fishing regulations so veterans and active Canadian Armed Forces members can enjoy free recreational fishing by early 2019. For more information please see: Ontario Gives Back to its Heroes.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks