2018 Deer Hunt

Jchevy

Filled our tags only to loose one we had to look for in the morning; way too many Coyotes :mad:IMG_2568.jpeg

Our group, groups, did about 50% this yr, poor to what we normally bag? Hunt prop's from Port. Stanley to north Belmont. No complaints and a lot of good times had.
Lot of corn still standing, thats our excuse, wind, weather played into it as well, but that's hunting?
I don't shoot yote's well hunting deer, would any other time, some of our bunch will? They shot 6 bush dogs this week and ALL passed on many other's. All of group saw coy's every day?? No doubt here, numbers are way up?

November hunt for our gang was 50 percent tags filled too ! We are in Clear Creek area. Heard from other gangs that they were not seeing the deer like usual either. Yes … that mid week wind we had didn't help and of course there was a lot of standing corn too. Will be interesting to hear from December Hunt guys out there ? I know the few I talked to weren't doing to good either and they had better weather too. Also a lot of corn still up.

Our group which was large this year got 12 deer in 92A muzzleloader hunt. 2 or 3 tags not filled. Thought this was pretty good, never had more than 12 guys on any one day. Found that deer were already herded up. Some bushes had lots others none. We pushed 20 deer out of 1 bush. We also got a buck that had already shed its antlers. Way too much corn up too. I also managed an additional tag for 92a bow hunt so the mnr must see good numbers. Great hunt overall good mix of bucks and does20181205_131156.jpg

I knocked down 6 deer this season with 8 shots, my best week to date. Hunted WMU 91 and it is infested with deer and we saw plenty, mainly in narrow bushes bordered by corn.

I believe we saw 4 coyotes all week and killed two of them. One deer kill discovered after covering many km's, which was likely a road kill, so the coyotes aren't having a big impact on them around here.

Shot 12 deer + 2 coyotes in Dec. hunt . And yes , don't think it's an excuse about the corn . One of our best bushes only produced 1 deer this year . They only started taking the corn off 2 days before we hit it and the back end still had corn standing , when we got there .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks