🐖 Roast Sept/25/21

I like the way you cooked it. We always wired and tied them on a spit and and prayed they wouldn't fall apart as it neared completion.
Was it just sitting above a fire or on a rotating spit that keeps it level?

Attended a whole hog dinner celebration years ago for a long time friend of ours.

Unfortunately their family was completely green at whole hog cooking and served two tough, chewy, hurried hogs to the attendees.

Yours looks awesome @Fishboss.

Attended a whole hog dinner celebration years ago for a long time friend of ours.

Unfortunately their family was completely green at whole hog cooking and served two tough, chewy, hurried hogs to the attendees.

Yours looks awesome @Fishboss.
Thank you sir that pig was the first one we ever roasted turned out great, next time I would like to roast it without the water pan and get a nice charcoal roast on the inside of the pig as well.

@Fishboss glad that everything turned out well for your dads birthday 🥳 🎂 and that looks like 👍 such a simple way to roast a 🐖 pig. But, I was wondering about one thing,how come that your uncle red wasn’t invited?? 🤔 I thought that I was part of your family?? 😏lol 😂 👊👊 Please,don’t forget me the next time!! 😌 🐖😋 lol 😁 😉👍🙂
Sorry uncle red but it seems like you forgot it was my pops bday 🤣👊 that is a great example of a 2 way street haha

Thank you sir that pig was the first one we ever roasted turned out great, next time I would like to roast it without the water pan and get a nice charcoal roast on the inside of the pig as well.

The water pan likely saved a lot of flare ups from the grease dripping.

Yea that it did, but I think it would have still worked roasting the hog without the water pan for last hr or so.

I too roast them belly down. This one is done with great bark

Attachments

• 20210724_115429.jpg
    20210724_115429.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 32
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks