Search results

1. lovetrout

Nanticoke/Elbow July 12

Went out on the Tahoe and started to fish just after 6pm ….Started in70 fow…. Out to 90fow…. 8 lines out 4 dipseys on 1 and 3 settings.out 70-100’. 4 Core on mast 5-7 colour …. Worm harnesses and spoons. Not much action until we wandered into 60-63 fow. Started marking more suspended bait and...
  2. lovetrout

Elbow walleye and Musky 70fow

Went out to 70fow at elbow last week Caught 5 eyes and battled some wind and waves. At one point a zero dipsey straight out back out 275’ fires and behaved like a king on Lake O. Takes out a bunch of line and stayed deep too. When we got it within 50’ my 12 year old boy says “I think it is...
  3. lovetrout

Advice Needed...Thanks

I have been fishing hastings for years....always done the long boat ride out of Burwell...which I really don't have a problem with. What options do I have for a boat load of 5-8 year olds? Can I launch in Burwell in the early morning and fish for a little bit....then pick up a bunch of kids on...
  4. lovetrout

Minn kota engine mount electric trolling motor????

hey, looking into an engine mounted minn kota electric trolling motor...any body have any experiences with these?? http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/trolling_motors/engine_mount/freshwater.aspx thanks guys!!
  5. lovetrout

Burwell the good(great) and the bad friday A.M.

fished sandhills 52-58fow....4 rods/2dispey/2-8colour w gibbs snaps. started just after six...worked the same area over and over had 9 eyes in the boat by 9 and lost a couple mid fight????not happy about that....Dipseys w rings #3setting out 110-130. Core out the back. All rods took fish...
  6. lovetrout

Hastings/walleye fishing Thursday am

A friend and his dad came out w me today. Launched out of burwell around 7am fishing at hastings...by 740...bumpy ride out w the east wind, ..left when minnows ran out...had 140 perch over 10" in cooler. Bumped and banged out to 58fow....six lines out. Split between widow maker/double baits w...
  7. lovetrout

Large Chinny

Took out a couple of friends that have not tried Lake O salmon fishingon Sunday. Left Caledonia at 5am...boat in at Fisherman's Pier and fishing by 6am. Headed towards Bronte stopped in 167fow and dropped six lines. 4 mag dipseys w flasher/fly combos and spoons. Down anywhere between 30 and 60...
  8. lovetrout

Bruce June 5th am

Drove down from Caledonia to Bruce for some perch action. Left C town around 430 and fishing by 630....bite was light all day. Fished from 25-43 fow....best luck was 33fow. Caught just under 40 w two guys. Most were 10-11"...w some 12's and a 13 mixed in. ENE wind for most of the day was...
  9. lovetrout

Lake trout

Well, a friend of mine talked me into visiting an island on ranger lake that his dad bought 40 years ago. They had not been up there in 30 years though. The island is 20 acres....half his dad's and half crown. So packed up my boys 6/7 and buddy and off we went to the Sault for the long...
  10. lovetrout

Alqonquin Park Land Claim

Here is a great video from the OFAH on the Alqonquin Park and area land claim. Presentation is by John winters, retired MNR officer and Park Superintendent. Presents a really interesting option for settling future land claims.
  11. lovetrout

Lake Simcoe Sunday Jan 20

Drove up to lake simcoe VB early sunday morning. Left Caledonia at 430am...ouch...weather was great until 404....then what a mess. Crazy wind and some snow. Out on the ice was still dark when we started but fish under hut when we checked...so happy about that. Wind and snow really started to...
  12. lovetrout

burwell aug 29pm

The wind finally cooperated a little so we head out of big otter and started fishing just after fourpm. The screen was not all that promising. We headed out to 65fow west of port based upon what we saw or didn't on screen. Very little bait, but a few marks here and there. Three of us/six...
  13. lovetrout

Burwell am./Eyes/Steel

Well afer the hot reports a friend and i made the journey down to burwell this Friday Morning. We left Caledonia at 415am....ouch...got the the ramp at 545 fishing in 60fow by 610. We used 2 core and 2 dispeys. We got one 8lb eye on a 7 colour purple and black spoon @7 and nothing until ten so...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks