Search results

1. D

Fishing Report Montreal River System

I live about 20 minutes from the Elk Lake Wilderness Resort. You can't go too far south from there because of Mountain Chete rapids down river. You can head up river towards Elk Lake and farther north, but I believe you can only go as far as Indian Chute. There are offshoots to other lakes...
  2. D

Off Topic Gas tank

I've used Seal All to fix plastic tanks. Just rough up the surface before applying. Available at CTC.
  3. 1613833017007.png

1613833017007.png

4. D

NF Hydro Rates

The rates you quoted are out of date. There was a rate increase last November. The 12.8¢ price we are being charged now is midway between off-peak and mid-peak.
  5. D

OMB Rules on Hastings Drive

Will this ruling affect the construction you have done on your property over the last couple years?
  6. D

Doral boats

Still fishing out of a late 80's Doral Grande (4.3L Merc) with no structural issues. It was the Bayliners that were said to have hull issues.
  7. D

Aluminium plate

8. 1523637114091.png

1523637114091.png

9. D

Fishing Report Found in a bass

My wife's grandparents had a neighboring cottage to Red Fisher in Mitchell's Bay circa 1960. In his book, Tight Lines and Tall Tales, a couple of the stories involve her grandfather and Red. Before he passed, my wife and I were at an outdoor show, and Red was signing copies of his book, and my...
  10. D

Fishing Report Burwell Sunday 17th

If you are on the water, a few miles from shore, and headed east out of Burwell, follow the bluffs until you see a sandy opening that slopes steeply down into the water. Bingo!
  11. D

Another Productive Day @ Burwell

Another great day out of Burwell. Been hearing that the fish were back in town, and they confirmed it today. Headed straight south and dropped lines when we hit 57' of water. Wandered between that and 59' and had our two man limit plus a 'bow in less than 3 hours. All except a couple were...
  12. fish.JPG

fish.JPG

13. D

Hastings Drive Webcam

Sweet! I've driven down Hastings and admired your "cottage". That camera is a great tool for people wondering about the current lake conditions.
  14. D

Boat trailer wheel bearings

Realistically, if you keep your bearings maintained, there really shouldn't be a need to replace them. If you do find that replacement is needed, make sure that you replace the bearing and cup as a set. Bearing Buddies or EZ Lube hubs ensure the hub void is filled with grease, preventing water...
  15. D

Lake was hot this evening out from the sandhills!

The fish were everywhere it seems. Went straight south out of Burwell and started in 58 feet. We caught fish on 7, 8, and 10 color lead, downriggers, flatlines with Gibbs sinkers attached. It seemed that they fish were willing to hit whatever we through in the water, at varying depths. We...
  16. fish.JPG

fish.JPG

17. D

Sail Flow Wind Forecast

When using Sail Flow for checking the wind forecasts, there are several different wind models available (Quicklook, GFS 0.5 Deg, CMC 0.6 Deg, NAM 3km, NAM 12km). Some of them show substantially different forecasts. Does anyone know what the difference is between them all? Is there one that is...
  18. D

Dirty Deed - Not Dirt Cheap: Ontario Outdoors Card/Fishing Licence Renewal

The T isn't there for turkey hunters any more because the mandatory turkey course is being eliminated starting Jan. 01/17. Anyone with a hunting outdoors card will be able to purchase a turkey license, regardless of having taken the course or not. The former turkey course will be incorporated...
  19. D

first time fly-in trip

Been fishing a lake north of Long Lac for a few years, sounds similar to the one you're going to. All we use now are 1/8 jig heads with twister tails. Use them for both trolling and still fishing. Found it to be a lot cheaper than replacing lures if you get snagged. I just carry a case that...
  20. D

pfd question

Yep, that's the way around the regulations. As long as you have a Canadian approved pfd for everyone on board, you can wear water wings if you like. The law doesn't care what pfd you are wearing (if anything), just that a Canadian approved device is available if needed.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks