Search results

1. smokey1

Fishing Report Port Stanley aug 8

Made it to port about 10:30 , forecast was incorrect of coarse. A 3 footer every 5 waves so it was a bit bumpy to get out say 6 mile to 60 ft, made a turn to roll with them and set the pilot to hold coarse. Fish activity swimming in 30-40 ft . Gold dipsey on 3 , with a copper backed spoon ...
  2. smokey1

Off Topic looking for net information from pt stanley area

If you have been fishing the stanley area have you noticed any nets set up out there ? In the past I have encountered them stretching for miles a bit to the west. Thank you.
  3. smokey1

Off Topic freight forwarder London

Got an email this morning of an address change for shippsy , looks like there adding another location in London come august.
  4. smokey1

Port Glasgow Friday afternoon

Finally had a chance to get out. There was suppose to be 3 but had a baler. What a great day . First fish before the second rod could be put in. Dipseys just above there heads. Pink panties and grease chicken. 55-60. Here’s our limit , also a bit more of green bloom out there.
  5. smokey1

Fishing Report Port Glasgow June 22

Finally made it out for the first trip today with my girls. Catch and release today. A bit late of a start, but reading the reports I was sure we were going to catch fish going there. Bought my ticket at 11:59am, waited for 2 boats loading and were in. Headed out to 30-40 feet, maybe 2 miles...
  6. smokey1

Off Topic boat fire in the longpoint area

I had a facebook link to a post that I have not seen here yet.
  7. smokey1

burwell rumor

heard on a facebook group that some sort of body and freezer may have been found east of port by the washout? Erie to say the least.
  8. smokey1

mathematics lever ?

Ok, I have this rudder feedback unit and understand how this simple lever works. it mounts beside your rudder and mimics its same movements. Seems quite simple you mount it "X" distance away on the same center line and then tie your rod in on the same "Y" distances so that is would mimic...
  9. smokey1

port stanley sept15

left the dock just before sun up., started about 58ft and headed out, first double header were huge drum, then we picked up a walleye or two, bit later another double header, had to be 7lb drum again. lost one walleye about 30 ft back on the dipsey with a walleye scatter rap, majority of fish...
  10. smokey1

Off Topic Gar Pike

it would be 3 weeks back when I made a trip with the family down past the provincial park in longpoint , when boating up to shore there were a pair of fish that really resembled gar pike that were swimming in the shallows. They would have been in the neighbourhood of 24 in length. Thought it...
  11. smokey1

Fishing Report port stanley

left port 10:40 with my daughters in tow. Was a bit rougher than I expected so I ran out 8 miles to 65ft turned around and set up 5- 7-8 leadcore on big boards with elastics . tip from peir was bodybaits worked well, so blue silver diving husky jerk, and that smelt real image in gold I was...
  12. smokey1

Fishing Report port stanley

left port at 8am, ran out to 50ft or so then set up 2 riggers and two offshore boards with 7 , 8 colour. wind was offshore so we just went with it headed deeper. marking some fish, bait swarms, perhaps flea's as i did have lots on some lines today. caught 3 on our way to 65 were it seemed...
  13. smokey1

Port Stanley Walters

Arrived at the gov't launch at 930am, three gentleman arrive with there 18 in the box. .So we head out for a 20 minute drive and 70ft arrives, closer to Glasgow than port . The lake today was so calm. 2 dipseys and 2 riggers,50-50 on the fish 17 walleye , a big sheepy, and green lake bass...
  14. smokey1

Fishing Report Burwell is still producing

Picked up the father in law and Burwell was todays choice. Ran preaty much straight out and maybe a couple miles west to 64ft. That would put you approx. 1o ,11 miles out. Lots of boats out today, some shallower and some much deeper. First lines in the water shortly after 10am, running two...
  15. smokey1

Port Stanley, wednesday evening

Took out a couple friends from work, fishing was a bit slow at first At about 6 it started to get better, lots of shorts . Ran 6 7 8 8 9 and caught fish on all of them, played with the downrigger and nothing as the other rods were quite busy we kept 9 walleye with the biggest at 19 inches...
  16. smokey1

Fishing Report Sunday port Burwell

Busy at the ramps to say the least , but made it out about 830 till 2pm as my ankles were bleeding and had enough. Bug spray for me from now on. Action was much slower for myself comparing last sunday, but those pink panties spoons are still popular . Ran 3 core rods, disey and rigger. Did not...
  17. smokey1

Fishing Report Burwell evening

Worked till noon and came home and grabbed the kids to head out for some catching. Trying to keep my girls interested and this season has been Fantastic for the numbers. I was going to run 6 rods but with an 8 year and an almost teenager 4 was plenty Pink Panties silver and gold ran side by...
  18. smokey1

Fishing Report Port Stanley

Trolled out of Stanley today, there was a definite walleye chop out there today. Worked 4 lines, 2 dipseys , downrigger 150 to 200 back and a leadcore set up. Picked up 4 small rainbow and 1 quite larger one, 4 smaller walleye, 2 silvers silver streaks Pink Panties Copper 4 inch spoon was top...
  19. smokey1

Fishing Report port glasgow

We made it to port for first light, set up in 60ft . marked many fish till we got out to the 70ft range then they would fizzle away. we ran 2 dipseys , downrigger and 9 colour on and offshore board. spoons were the program , mixed vegee , nascar and many others produced fish caught at least...
  20. smokey1

port glasgow am sun sept18

Went to port glasgow for first light, was overcast, the majority of the waves were on the edge of white capping but thought they would be manageable. Definitely was interesting leaving the harbor with the waves that high. Set up a bit east in 60ft trolling with the waves NE into 52ft , Marked...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks