Search results

1. orbital540

Lake Erie conditions today

Very true, the webcam can be deceptive on how big the waves actually are offshore a distance. The sand bar goes out about 200 feet and starts breaking the waves down quite a bit before they reach shore and are seen on the cam.
  2. orbital540

OMB Rules on Hastings Drive

I don't believe so, since the OMB Bylaw is based on a go forward basis not referring to any site. More then 2 years ago I obtained all the necessary approvals and permits from the County and required agencies. So basically any structure or use legally established prior to the passing of this...
  3. orbital540

County should properly put signage up to identify the public lots, since it is very confusing and causes a lot of disputes. My understanding is the public currently is allowed on all of the County owned lots. The problem is where you can legally park, since the road has a mix mash of parking...
  4. orbital540

My understanding of the County Owned Lots on Hastings: 1 TO 17 94 TO 100 103 TO 120 Lots 18, 65, 102 and 144 as set out on registered Plan 251 were dedicated as public highways by the registered plan of subdivision, and extend from Hastings Drive into Lake Erie. Because of their dedication by...
  5. orbital540

Flood Watch for Lake Erie Shoreline- April 3

The camera got a little wet from some of the waves. So I'd guess about 5 to 6 footers were coming in. I was tempted to take off the day from work and head over, yet couldn't sell the wife on it. Here's a link to a time-lapse of photos from the cam throughout the morning:
  6. IMG_4497.PNG

IMG_4497.PNG

7. IMG_4467.PNG

IMG_4467.PNG

8. IMG_4455-1.PNG

IMG_4455-1.PNG

9. orbital540

Boat lift

Magnum Boat lifts work well. http://www.magnumlift.com/webpages/lifts.html
  10. orbital540

Is Ice Fishing Lake Side Possible?

Ok, sounds like it's not worth the risk and to stay on the inner bay ice. Thanks guys.
  11. orbital540

Is Ice Fishing Lake Side Possible?

With Lake Erie almost all frozen now, I was thinking of pitching a tent over the weekend on the lake side, off of Hastings Drive and seeing if anything bites. Wouldn't be going out too far since walking. Has anyone done this before? and what would you catch? catfish? Thanks, Steve
  12. orbital540

Water Spouts

I was lucky to see this one off of Hastings Drive on Sept 29th around noon. The perch would have been flying in the boat if out there. It lasted about 5 minutes and got some pics and video below. Video:
  13. orbital540

Hastings Drive Webcam

I appreciate the offer Stomp, yet as long as bandwidth permits (which I think it will), contributions won't be necessary. I do video editing with my job so require the large bandwidth when up their working, with or without this webcam. Worst case scenario, may just set it to come on for 15...
  14. orbital540

Hastings Drive Webcam

Thanks! It's been a big project since last October. I baited a rod at put on a rod holder on the end of the dock while working on it and landed a bunch of good sized catfish, carp and silver bass only a few feet off shore.
  15. orbital540

Hastings Drive Webcam

Bandwidth is pretty good for work reasons primarily, yet something I'll keep an eye on, thanks. I have the stream set to low definition for that reason. If a big wind storm rolls in, I'll change the stream up to HD for that day and pull out some popcorn.
  16. orbital540

Hastings Drive Webcam

I’ve set up a live webcam for myself and local anglers to check how rough the water is off of Hastings Drive, Long Point. I’ve been using the webcams at Turkey Point and Oldcut for years now, and thought I would share the one I set up. http://live.corkepoint.com It's a little spotty for...
  17. orbital540

Any excuse to get outdoors. www.corkepoint.com

Any excuse to get outdoors. www.corkepoint.com
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks