Search results

1. Jay

Learning the drift

He’s getting into the swing of things this fall. Starting small but persistence is paying off. Only a matter of time before he hooks a good one!
  2. Jay

Norfolk Wildlife Festival - Volunteers Needed.

Hi Everyone I am looking for some volunteers to help with this weekends Wildlife Festival in Simcoe. I run a casting kids booth for the festival on my own but regularly receive help from local anglers. Volunteers just need to show young children how to cast a spincast rod. There is usually some...
  3. Jay

Family Fishing

Damn I love ice fishing!! Had a great day in the ice with the family. Hard to beat this kind of family time.
  4. Jay

Lake Erie MODIS Imagery - January 1, 2018

Some clear images from the NOAA MODIS imagery over the last few days. https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=e Lake Erie: January 1, 2018 - clear image of Long Point Bay...
  5. Jay

Deer Creek Kids Derby - August 12/2017

Hey Gang The Deer Creek Kids Derby is next weekend. Lots of sponsors stepping up with the usual great prizes for the winners. There will be lots of grab bags of stuff for all who register. See poster for details. Also, VOLUNTEERS needed so if anyone can spare some time to help out contact...
  6. Jay

2017 Camp Trillium Brunch and Fishing Derby

Hey Gang, just a reminder about this event. It's coming up in a few weeks. Lots of good food, good fishing all while raising funds for Camp Trillium. If anyone needs details email me: thereelangle@gmail.com. Cheers, Jay
  7. Jay

Summer Camps at the Hunting Heritage Centre,

PLEASE SHARE Delta Waterfowl is hosting 2 Summer Camps at the Hunting Heritage Conservation Centre, Turkey Point - former Junior Ranger Camp -July 15th to 21st - August 21st to 26th Participants will take the Canadian Firearm Safety Course & Ontario Hunter Education Course - must be 12 at...
  8. Jay

Volunteers Needed - Kids Casting Instructors

Hi Everyone Every year the Norfolk County Fair hosts the annual Wildlife Festival. One component is a fishing booth wear kids can learn to cast a fishing rod. This is a great opportunity to get a fishing rod into the hands of MANY kids. Usually several hundred a day. This year we are short...
  9. Jay

Steelheading Nov 11-13

Spent three days walking three different stretches of water with good friends. We used to fish together all the time but life (jobs, family, geography) changes. The five of us spent the weekend sharing stories and making new ones. A meal of moose steaks and a fish fry capped off the...
  10. Jay

Steelheading - low and steady

Yesterday was Trevor's 9th birthday and for his big day he wanted to go Steelheading. Of course will school we decided to go today. What a great day for November! We hit a few spots and covered some water. The little man worked at it all day. Learned about adjusting his float for depth, fishing...
  11. Jay

Local River Report

Low water...that is all. :D
  12. Jay

Junior Bassmasters Chapter???

Would anyone be interested in forming a Junior Bassmasters Chapter in the Long Point area? I have been approached by a few people looking for a 'fishing club' for youth. I think the Long Point area has lots to offer and there may be interest in a club. The club would be affiliated with the...
  13. Jay

Great Lakes Trolling University

Some board members might be interested in this...http://www.greatlakestrollingseminar.com/
  14. Jay

Learning the ropes...

Took advantage of the warm weather and took our son out for a little river fishing. With only his rubber boots we did not have access to all the places I frequent. Still, this trip was about him learning the ropes. No steelhead or browns on this trip BUT the abundance Creek Chub made for an...
  15. Jay

Ontario BASS Nation Qualifier

Hi Everyone, A couple members have been asking what's with all the bass boats in town this week. The Ontario BASS Nation is holding their annual qualifier tournament out of Turkey Point this weekend. This event is held once every year in a different location. Angler's qualify through their home...
  16. Jay

2014 Long Point Bay Open

Just wanted to share some information about the 2014 Long Point Bay Open. *Formerly LPBAA Invitational Bass Tournament* This long running tournament has a fresh new look! The Long Point Bay Anglers' Association has partnered with the Hamilton Bassmasters and Erie Bassmasters to bring you a...
  17. Jay

SLA Pike Tournament

Hi Everyone, Strait Line Anglers asked me to forward this along. http://straitlineanglers.com/LongPointPike/LongPointPikeTournament.htm Their annual Pike Tournament is this weekend. Check like a above for more information! Tight Lines!!
  18. Jay

LPBAA Annual General Meeting

Just letting everyone know that the LPBAA AGM is coming up on Saturday, April 5th. Location: German Hall Lounge Time: 1pm to 4pm Seminars, Raffles and more!!
  19. Jay

2013 LPBAA Annual General Meeting

Hi Everyone, Just giving a shout out for the upcoming LPBAA Annual General Meeting. Date: Saturday April 13th Time: 1pm to 4pm Location: Travelodge, Simcoe (385 Queensway West, Simcoe) Free Admission! Free Seminars! Raffles! More.... Please check the attached flyer for more info...
  20. Jay

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May all of you get to wet a line over the next few weeks in-between spending quality time with family and friends! Name: Jason Barnucz (Delhi, Ontario) Thanks to my sponsors Bass Magnet Lures...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks