Search results

1. Yakfisherman

Fishing Report Normandale

I wouldn’t recommend going to normandale after perch , sure you can turn an 8 dollar scoop of minnows from jimmy rigging into 30 nice perch , as we did on Sunday but then your knifes will get dull cleaning them your hands will end up smelling fishy , your girlfriend will complain that the...
  2. Yakfisherman

Inner bay Sunday

The bay was fairly rough Sunday , blowing out of the east so we headed down towards booths , the girlfriend and I to see if we could get a couple pike , she finally has something on after I boated a couple large mouth , and it’s putting up a good fight so I start paying more attention, after a...
  3. Yakfisherman

Off Topic Winter project

With no local ice fishing this year , saint Williams can become a pretty slow town , so to fill the winter time out in the garage I started carving and torching this old table and set of chairs it’s pretty much finished now with a thick coat of clear , it’s not really fishing related but I...
  4. Yakfisherman

North shore large mouth

Fished the weed clumps couple 100 yards off shore casting spinner baits and spoons , caught and realest a ton of large mouth and a couple small pike , nothing big enough to brag about , but prettty much having the whole area to ourselves was a real nice change of pace
  5. Yakfisherman

Backyard perch

My favourite way of frying fish , we finished off the last of our ice fishing perch
  6. Yakfisherman

Feb 20 live report

Fishing west of the pack of huts , close to the crack , water clarity is great , seeing some good size fish , but it’s hard to coax a bite out of them 6 have made it to the bucket so far , wind is blowing hard , still a few die hards fishing in the open I appreciate my wood stove
  7. Yakfisherman

No fish report

Fished the same spot as the last 2 days did , we did well Thursday , Friday , but nothing today , caught and threw back 3 tiny perch , lost a pike at the hole , just for my girlfriend amusement, she has landed 6 to my 1 so far this year , but that was it for us today , I’m thinking so much...
  8. Yakfisherman

February 11

Finished off the day with 41 and 2 nice eater pike , watched one brave guy tough out the elements fishing in the open , not easy in the wind and rain , and he was still at it when we called it a day , perch is on the menu tonight , by the end of the day the crack was starting to get a little...
  9. Yakfisherman

February 10

Only had time to get out for 3 hours today fished 10:00 till 1 o’clock, , drug the hut way more west than we’ve been fishing all year , about 50 yards shy of the pressure crack , right on the edge of weed bed , and the fish were there almost immediately, kept 38 , in only 3 hours I’m sure if I’d...
  10. Yakfisherman

Ice hut snacks

@Braggin Rights got me thinking with his catch and cook video , anyone do any cooking in there ice hut , we’ve brought eggs and made ice hut egg sandwiches, and frozen burgers , I usually have a big cast iron pan for the top of the wood stove , today since we have to head in around 1:00 it was...
  11. Yakfisherman

Slush recovery

With all the slush out there now , people will be getting stuck on the bay do I thought I’d post a picture of the recovery bar I built , I know I’ve seen threads on similar things in the past using a 2x4 , to anyone heading out this weekend, you should have winch and some type self recovery...
  12. Yakfisherman

Ice fishing pics

Some pictures for @Huron
  13. Yakfisherman

Slow down please

It is awesome that the powers that be created the by-law that allows us to ride our quads down the road to ice fish st. Willys …. But it’s only time before there is an accident, during the week it’s very busy courteous , on the weekends it’s full on shit show , just cause your quad will do 100...
  14. Yakfisherman

Saturday the 29th

Slower start , than the last couple days , 1 perch 1 pike so far
  15. Yakfisherman

Thursday st, Willy’s

6 nice perch in the bucket , 2 pike have cruised by , couldn’t get either to strike , wind is howling today
  16. Yakfisherman

Saturday on the bay

Little bit of a late start , fishing by 8:30 we have 1 in the bucket so far , I’ve spent my whale life in st. Willys and port Rowan , been ice fishing since before I can remember and I’ve never seen this many huts and people and trucks and atv’s , back in the 90’s was nothing like it is now
  17. Yakfisherman

Hut operators

Took a look after work today , Brad Woodward has huts on the bay , not his entire fleet , I didn’t count but I’d say he took out 12-15 with a couple more sitting on shore ready to go
  18. Yakfisherman

Off Topic New ice fishing sled

After years of pulling all kinds of crappy sleds out onto the bay I decided to build something decent , I’ve been a welder for 20 plus years , I had plenty of steel around from different projects, I used an axel out of an old snowmobile trailer that I narrowed, I kept the hubs on the axel so I...
  19. Yakfisherman

Halloween perching

On the water by 9:00 , started off a little east of the pack of boats and we were getting the odd one but the bite was slow , moved west almost down to port Rowan . And the fishing really picked kept 44 off the water by noon, girlfriend landed a decent pike , , counted more than 40 boats , fall...
  20. Yakfisherman

Off Topic License question

After years of being stuck in my wallet my name is just about worn off my pleasure craft operators card , where do I go for a replacement ?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks