Search results

1. J

Fall Small Mouth Bass?

Some beautiful bass there ! Ned rig for the win
  2. J

Muskie found dead

Hardly. I have spent over 30 year fishing erie in that exact spot included. Former tournament angler and fishing guide for all species including muskie. Everybody cares about trophy fish, but trophy fish unfortunately do die like every other fish. I have witnessed it year after year while...
  3. J

Muskie found dead

The post is OK. Nothing most don't already know and goes for basically all trophy fish . The most likely culprit is the Fluctuating water levels and temp or a commercial vessel or netting. It's common especially in big lakes like Nipp and even the French. We saw 2 dead trophy muskie floating...
  4. J

We Stocked Rainbow Trout for Ice Fishing

No license required to stock your own pond as long as it's not connected to another waterbody . You will need a permit to transport live fish if you pick them up yourself . I have bass, perch crappie, and bluegill never had an issue except for the pike that decided to move in a few years ago
  5. J

Off Topic Electric Trolling Motor - Choice

I have had tons of issues with my minn kota. Never worked right and they could fix it . Its actually unsafe to use . It will lock on and lose connection with the remote . The only way to stop the motor is rush over and pull the plug.
  6. J

Fishing Report Inner bay bass pike perch

Started at 7am. First pike spot was on fire . Went 6 for 7 on gators. Biggest being 36" . Rest were between 27 and 31". Kept 3 for freezer ( one was badly hooked ). Best presentation was large minnow immatations. White and perch color were Best. Moved on the minnow dunkers in front of Collins...
  7. J

Fishing Report French River

Just came back from there 2 days ago.. was a tough bite for first day but we clued into it by the second day. Water was warm 70 to 71. Didn't exclusively fish for muskie but the French did cough up 2 smallish ones for us. Caught some nice pike including a big gator. The bass fishing was good...
  8. J

Hunting big Erie fall smallmouth

They certainly feast on gobies but most do. I have cleaned rainbows browns pike largemouth perch and walleye stuffed full of round gobies . They certainly didn't have the impact that was predicted. They are a slow swimmer and easy to catch for predatory fish . Its not uncommon for smallies to...
  9. J

I use Mohawk marina . Great launch. You wouldn't have an issue .not sure if it's the closest ramp but works fine . You can't miss the island out there .
  10. J

Weedlines in about 12 to 16 feet around Mohawk works well!!! Yes lots of big sheepshead there too and you can sight fish for the big smallies .
  11. J

One of the best spots in Erie and its largely unfished for bass. Mohawk Island offers world class bass fishing where a 4 pounder doesn't even raise an eyebrow. I have fished this area for years and the fish tend to come shallower making it even more fun .
  12. J

Inner bay Sunday

Good catch.. and they pull well. Caught a few in the bay in the last few years as well.
  13. J

Fish bucket list

Might be a long shot in Ontario but never give up. Speaking of bucket list fish i have knocked off a few lately, barracuda and chain pickerel. Next up is a east coast stripe bass.
  14. J

Off Topic Small mouth bass near Port Bruce/Port Stanley?

Look for any rocky shoreline, scattered debris, rock shoals, gravel bars ,sand/rock transitions. Much harder to find that way but RJMP is correct, there are bass there and some nice ones.
  15. J

Inner Bay

Largemouth bass that is ! Nice one too
  16. J

Fishing Report Inner bay bass

Great to know. The little guy is really getting into it and bass are his favorite
  17. J

Yes all largemouth.
  18. J

Well I heard we aren't allowed to post bass reports anymore but I feel its fitting with all the ruffled feathers. Took the young lad( 4 years old ) out from st Williams at 6pm. Fished 2 hrs Went to the secret spot.!!!!! Bite was a bit slower than usual but still ended up with about 20. Young...
  19. J

Fishing Report Inner bay SM bass

Hahaha NO...the charters follow us!!!!!
  20. J

Fishing Report Inner bay SM bass

Meh that's not true at all. I would gladly give a general idea of what it working and not. The basis is there isn't a secret lure or presentation on long point bay and while there are no real secret spots left there are plenty of areas that only experienced bass anglers would know 😉.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks