Search results

1. GrouseGuy

Eurasian Wigeon sighting

This morning I had a confirmed sighting of a Eurasian Wigeon drake on a pond north of Brantford. It was with a small group of about 8 American Wigeons. Although rare, there have been occasional sightings of this species in Ontario and reported recently in Brant County. This is the first time...
  2. GrouseGuy

The migration is on

There are hundreds of geese and Mallards near my home in the Brantford area. There are some Black Ducks mixed in with the Mallards and also groups of Pintails. A good number of Tundra Swans and a few Sandhills are also showing up. Saw some Red-winged Blackbirds and robins as well.
  3. GrouseGuy

Greater White-fronted Geese in Southern Ontario

A few minutes ago I saw around 50 White-fronted Geese landing in a pond near my home in the Brantford area. I have hunted them in Saskatchewan and North Dakota, but this is a first for me to see them here.
  4. GrouseGuy

Turkey Point Posted signs and Baited Area?

Today I passed along the Turkey Point club marsh edge on my way to the outer bay to fish. There was a line of "No Trespassing" signs a good 200 meters out from the marsh edge. It seemed strange that they would have the right to post that far from the marsh. I am wondering if they actually...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks