Search results

1. Bentrod

Port Stanley ramp etiquette

Went to Port Stanley yesterday morning for the first time. Launching at 5.30am was really easy, maybe 5 trucks around. 4 hours and 3 limits later, there were about 8 trucks waiting, some to launch, some to get out. I asked what the rules were and got conflicting opinions. In the end we waited in...
  2. Bentrod

Glasgow live

5/6 on eyes and 1/1 on bows so far. All nice size eyes. 66 - 70fow, 4 dipsies 100 -150’ mainly on blueberry muffin and greasy chicken spoons. I can hear @scrimmy and @waverunner over the radio, fishing in good company :)
  3. Bentrod

Live from Glasgow - August 5

5/6 on eyes and 1/1 on bows so far. All nice size eyes. 66 - 70fow, 4 dipsies 100 -150’ mainly on blueberry muffin and greasy chicken spoons. I can hear @scrimmy and @waverunner over the radio, fishing in good company :)
  4. Bentrod

Perch?

Interestingly there have wry few perch reports so far this year. Did anybody have any luck out of Burwell? Thanks
  5. Bentrod

Lake looks good

... for a few hours of trolling. Access to it might prove difficult. Time cannot go fast enough.
  6. Bentrod

ROI :-)

At this price point my last 2 outings show a 3 year payback for my Fishing gear :) at the Superstore at Oxford and Hyde Park in London
  7. Bentrod

Port Glasgow Aug 12 pm

Started at @ 4pm in 63fow where we left off on Saturday and trolled to 70fow as recommended by someone at the launch. Kept them deep, dipseys @ 150 and riggers at 45’ - 50’. We got 4 man ticket until 9pm. Mostly big fish, with the biggest @ 28”. Blueberry muffin, monkey puke spoons and silver...
  8. Bentrod

Tagged walleye

Seen a comment on a different post about tagged fish... last Friday out of Port Glasgow we got a tagged walleye. Unfortunately we did not take a picture of the fish but here is the tag. The thing is about 2” long, 3/4” diameter. I called it in and they were telling me it was one of the 200 eyes...
  9. Bentrod

July 14 Glasgow - learn to set your drag right

Lines in the water at 6pm in our regular 67fow. 4 Dipsies 2 on #3 80-90’ back and 2 on #1 50-60’ back. Waves were 2-3’ from the West, at my limit. Only trolled with the waves. We ended up 11/12 eyes and 1/1 bows. Orange/black and white/blue/dots worked again. Now the excitement of the evening -...
  10. Bentrod

Fish finder question

Question for those more experienced than me... Last Saturday went looking for perch in front of Clear Creek and found about 15 Jumbos :)) in 30fow. During the 4 hours the fish finder was lit up like this. What could that have been? And it was moving, it was not stationary. Thanks! Edit...
  11. Bentrod

Fishing Report Port Glasgow - July 9 pm

Great evening on the water, left London around 5, lines in the water at 6 in 67fow, got 3 man ticket by 9. Plus one nice bow. Stayed in the 66 - 68fow just a bit to the east of port. 25’ to 35’ depth. First hour wonderbread and pink panties were the hotties, then greasy chicken was on fire and...
  12. Bentrod

Fishing Report June 29 Port Glasgow

First day of a week to fish every day! On the water at 7.00, lines in at 7.45 in 65fow, started trolling towards 70fow per reports from previous day. It was very slow the first 3 hours, then we started picking up a few. We worked the 68-70fow straight South from the port. Then it was really good...
  13. Bentrod

Lake O tomorrow

Would like to go to Lake Ontario tomorrow for some salmon. Last time I was there was in July out of Fishermans’ Pier and we were getting them about 50’ down. Any suggestions if we were to go to back to the same place? Or is there a better place? Thanks guys.
  14. Bentrod

Off Topic Hull cleaning

I am sure many on this forum care about their boats. I have been looking for a way to clean the brownish colour off my boat’s hull and wanted to share a product I found that worked really well. It is Spray Nine with Oxalic acid, Phosphoric acid and Ethoxylated alcohol, pictures attached. It is...
  15. Bentrod

Fishing Report Port Burwel July 8 am

Checked the weather sites late on Saturday night, looked too nice to stay home, launched out of Big Otter at 6.00am, not too busy, a bit wavy but not too bad, had my limit in 3 hours. 5 nice eaters and 1 bigger at 28”. Ran 2 dipsies 85’ to 110’ from 36’ to 50’ straight out of port. Orange/black...
  16. Bentrod

Fishing Report Port Burwell July 4

Beautiful day, out of port at 6.30am, on the way out a boat coming in telling us 42’ was the ticket - thank you! This is what my finder looked like from 35’ to 48’ straight out of port. Got 2 limits in 3 hours, big one being just shy of 30”. Also got 7 silver bass and 2 huge sheepsheads. Fire...
  17. Bentrod

Lake O boat launch

Hey guys, I see Bronte is still closed. Coming from London, what is the next best option to launch? Looking at trying on Saturday. Thanks
  18. Bentrod

Colchester fishing

Guys, I never fished the west end of the lake and would like to try something around Leamington, Colchester or the Island. Either Saturday or Sunday, depending on weather, driving from London, I have a buddy close to Colchester and was thinking to launch there. In the past I read good reviews...
  19. Bentrod

Dead bass inner bay

Went to the bay trying for pike yesterday - not a lot of success on the south shore - only got a small one. But we did notice a number of dead bass floating on the water (and a huge carp). And there were many boats fishing right outside of the Sanctuary line. Why would all these bass die?
  20. Bentrod

steel leader with braid?

question, would pike be able to chew through 30lb braid? I have always used a steel leader.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks