Search results

1. D

Port Bruce Friday Afternoon

We saw that the wind was going to die down about 1 pm so the kid and I got the boat ready and did the 1.5 hour trip to Port Bruce. Got to the fishing grounds...52 feet of water...and set up. We had dipsies, lead core and downriggers. We played with just about everything just for the fun of...
  2. D

Lake St Clair fire drill a the back of the boat.

Well....took the family down to Lake St Clair for the week and one thing about this lake....she changes her mood to full blown PMS faster than any lake I have fished in 50 years plus. If you are on that lake and the wind shifts 180 degrees with a really nice "cool breeze" START PULLING UP...
  3. D

What is a good site to get information on Lake S. Clair walleye fishing?

Going to take the family to a cottage on Lake St Clair next week and I heard that fishing that water is a WHOLE LOT different than Lake Erie. Is there a good board similar to 68 for St. Clair? The 5 year old has been asking "grandpa" for 6 months about when we can go a "play with the fishes"...
  4. D

What is the parking situation at Port Dover for the perch derby?

My oldest boy just had another baby 4 days ago and he is already planning "The Great Escape" LOL!!!! We are going to come down for the Dover Derby but do NOT want to go through the utter contempt for fishermen that we experienced in Georgina on Lake Simcoe. We will NEVER go back!!! ? We plan...
  5. D

Port Bruce September 15th

Great day but who invited those damn midges or flies or what ever they were. Super trooper rat nested one reel REAL BAD but we had a spare rod which was good. The toggle switch on one of the Cannons went south so we had to hand spool the cable up from 50 feet. We could lower but not raise the...
  6. D

Do we still come down Imperial Road to NEM?

Super Trooper and I are coming tomorrow to Port Bruce and I know Greg has put in a new launch. Do we still come down Imperial Road from the 401, through Aylmer to get to the launch or do we have to detour because of the bridge? We are looking forward to seeing the new ramp.
  7. D

Going to hit Burwell in the morning.

The kid has been giving me grief about going out and getting and even BIGGER pickerel this week so I broke down...pretended that I was doing HIM a favor, and got the boat ready tonight. Decided to go Old School using stuff that has been passed down from MY grandfather so it should be...
  8. D

Port Burwell with Super Trooper July 12th

Junior and I wanted to see the new ramps that Greg (and Sam) put in. This was our first trip to Burwell and the first outing with the boat this year. The day started out slowly but picked up REAL FAST when Troopers downrigger dips almost to the water before releasing. He immediately started...
  9. D

Port Dover launch information needed please

I am going to come down for the Port Dover perch derby but I have never launched there. Where is the launch and how good is the parking for trucks with trailers? I got the “itch” real bad. (y)
  10. D

Need some advice on Port Stanley

Thinking about spending the weekend at Port Stanley with the wife. Any recomendations for a good clean motel? Nothing fancy, just clean because I hate waking up with something in bed with more legs than I got.
  11. D

Hide your fish....here we come

Super Trooper and I have been iching to get back down to Port Bruce all year but I fractured my back in November and have had problems sitting and walking for months. Going to launch out of NEM in the morning. Looking forward to seeing Sam and Greg again as they are two of the hardest working...
  12. D

A BIG thanks to Greg, Sam and staff at North Erie Marina

Cheryl and I really appreciate the effort you made to make our stay at the "Fish Shack", enjoyable and especially the work you guys did trying to figure out what was wrong with the motor on the boat. I really don't know how you keep everything straight on days like last Saturday because that...
  13. D

First impressions of Port Bruce on crazy Canada Day

I needed to get my boat dropped off and have Greg check it out BEFORE I bring the wife out on Lake Erie in two weeks. The last thing I want to have happen is to be broken down three kilometers from shore...and trapped on a disabled vessel with a blonde, American ex-nun. :jawdrop: At my age... I...
  14. D

Long Point inner bay perch....GONE!!!!

Water temperature is 82.5 degrees and they sure don't like it. The bay is like bath water. Five hours...three dinks and a bass. I'll bet I moved 15 times, from ec10 out to 27 feet of water and back. Schools of baitfish but no real perch. Well.... it still beat tilling the garden.[xx(]
  15. D

Port Rowan launch????

What is a good launch to use at Port Rowan tomorrow? Mine is a 14 footer so it does not have to be deep. I have never been down there and want to try for perch with the good weather. I figured I would try around EC10 to start. Good directions would be appreciated because I am a Lake Erie...
  16. D

No artificial baits??? Why??

I see all of these reports of amazing catches and everybody is using minnows. They obviously work but why is nobody using stuff like jigging raps, slab grabbers or power baits???? On Lake Simcoe, if we are getting a lot of dinks, we go up a size on the jigging raps and that usually cures the...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks