Search results

1. D

Off Topic COVID-19

Guys.....my stepdaughter has the "bug" in Madrid. Her symptoms are hot flashes, chills and confusion. Her mother told her..."Welcome to Menopause" and laughed like hell. She is one of the lucky ones but she is only 35 so she is young and healthy. Please don't be in too big of a hurry to...
  2. D

Off Topic Covid boating rules?

One of the problems with this virus is the wide range of symptoms. A friend of mine....and a health care professional got it. His only symptoms were night sweats and thirst. His wife claimed he was menopausal and they joked about it. Mandatory testing caught it and he was isolated with his...
  3. D

ITS OPEN!.Now where to go?

My son is jumping up and down like the night he found out he was going to be a daddy. HaHaHa!!! We will skip the weekend mad house and launch off Bronte for salmon next week. He is looking for another 30 pounder that can rip up and down like the one he had on two years ago. 30 pounds is...
  4. D

Off Topic Fire extinguisher

You guys got me thinking now. I have bought my uncles boat after he passed away and even though there are 3 extinguishers, I have no idea if they are the right ones. I'll be checking that in the morning. Thanks.
  5. D

Port Bruce Friday Afternoon

We saw that the wind was going to die down about 1 pm so the kid and I got the boat ready and did the 1.5 hour trip to Port Bruce. Got to the fishing grounds...52 feet of water...and set up. We had dipsies, lead core and downriggers. We played with just about everything just for the fun of...
  6. D

Lake St Clair fire drill a the back of the boat.

Well....took the family down to Lake St Clair for the week and one thing about this lake....she changes her mood to full blown PMS faster than any lake I have fished in 50 years plus. If you are on that lake and the wind shifts 180 degrees with a really nice "cool breeze" START PULLING UP...
  7. D

Wanted - fishing crew out of Port Bruce

I’m sitting here babysitting a 4 month old.....trying not to wake her but I started laughing at Lig8tr’s post so hard I woke the kid up!!! Now I got to bottle and burp her and it is all HIS fault. I just hope the diaper is clean or I am sending him the bill. :barefoot:
  8. D

What is a good site to get information on Lake S. Clair walleye fishing?

Litg8r. Thank you for the offer and I may just take you up on it. Starting the kids early is the best way to get them to appreciate the outdoors but their attention span is about 90 seconds sometimes. We rented a cottage in Tilbury for the week and from what I can see, there are lots of...
  9. D

Hey...Big Rod.... in 1987 you would walk into the local bar and ask who in there was the best fisherman on the lake. Back then Labatt's Blue was our version of an Unlimited Data Plan. Worked damn good too but today that has all changed. Today....not near as much fun as the old days. I MISS...
  10. D

Going to take the family to a cottage on Lake St Clair next week and I heard that fishing that water is a WHOLE LOT different than Lake Erie. Is there a good board similar to 68 for St. Clair? The 5 year old has been asking "grandpa" for 6 months about when we can go a "play with the fishes"...
  11. D

Change in Attitudes

My two cents. I got only a hand held but it is on 16 and 68 at all times. A couple of years ago the boys and I were out off Burwell and we heard that the dark clouds down by Port Stanley were kicking up some nasty weather. We were fine but neither Super Trooper or I liked the sound of what...
  12. D

What is the parking situation at Port Dover for the perch derby?

The Mrs. and I planned to move our business and home to the Jackson Point/Sutton area and were even looking at homes up there but there is not a chance in hell we would go now! First people we met on Lake Erie were the great people at North Erie Marina and we have been coming back ever since...
  13. D

Agm Batteries

Each one weights 100 pounds???? My wife did not weigh that much when I married her!!!! Now she weighs 110. ( I wrote that because she sometimes watches this board and I don't want to have to count the steak knives before going to sleep!!!" :love:
  14. D

What is the parking situation at Port Dover for the perch derby?

My oldest boy just had another baby 4 days ago and he is already planning "The Great Escape" LOL!!!! We are going to come down for the Dover Derby but do NOT want to go through the utter contempt for fishermen that we experienced in Georgina on Lake Simcoe. We will NEVER go back!!! ? We plan...
  15. D

Buy your deer tags this weekend

Hey guys....who does deer butchering? We use to use the old guy in Cambellville but he passed away a couple of years ago. Junior just got his first deer and it is in the back of my van right now. Any ideas on where to go? We are from Hamilton but willing to travel for the right people. PS...
  16. D

Do we still come down Imperial Road to NEM?

The launch is fantastic. Easy in and easy out with Greg helping both ways. Great day but who invited those damn midges or flies or what ever they were. .
  17. D

Port Bruce September 15th

Great day but who invited those damn midges or flies or what ever they were. Super trooper rat nested one reel REAL BAD but we had a spare rod which was good. The toggle switch on one of the Cannons went south so we had to hand spool the cable up from 50 feet. We could lower but not raise the...
  18. D

Do we still come down Imperial Road to NEM?

Super Trooper and I are coming tomorrow to Port Bruce and I know Greg has put in a new launch. Do we still come down Imperial Road from the 401, through Aylmer to get to the launch or do we have to detour because of the bridge? We are looking forward to seeing the new ramp.
  19. D

Port Burwell this morning

I thought you were talking CO's as well but maybe that is because I trained to be a CO and worked with them 40 years ago. Being visited by the CO's does not insinuate law breaking. It is just them doing their jobs.....for the benefit of all in Ontario. Maybe I am crazy but I actually enjoy a...
  20. D

Walleye in the wind and waves.

We were heading in when you went out. At least I think it was you as the boat was named Tailfeathers. Too rough for us but you are a lot bigger. Nice catch.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks