Search results

1. Maestrolaker

Fishing St Maarten

I am heading down Feb 10 to Mar 10 and would greatly appreciate if anyone has any fishing contacts down there. From what I have seen the charters are few and I am looking for someone that likes to fish, not the tour boat guys. hoping to get 2-3 days on the water for sure. Thanks, Maestro
  2. Maestrolaker

Quebec Moose Hunt 2023

Puddle Jumper, myself and 2 other buddies are looking for a moose hunt opportunity first week Oct 2023. Our preference is a fly-in but not averse to a drive in pending outfit. We have made a host of queries thus far and everyone is holding spots for their 2022 repeat customers so I thought I...
  3. Maestrolaker

Okuma cold water drag upgrade

Looking to upgrade stock drags on my okuma cold waters this winter. Any feedback on what product is best and where to source would be greatly appreciated.
  4. Maestrolaker

port glasgow newbie

usually in at bruce or burwell. never launched at glasgow but thought i might give it a go Saturday. is there more than one launch and is parking plentiful as likely not there til around 7am
  5. Maestrolaker

Lake O input

Haven't been on Lake O for a while and thinking of hitting North shore Saturday to chase a few silver bodies. Any current insight would be much appreciated re; water depth, lure depth, speed and bait selections that are happening right now. Thanks in advance as always. I will post results of...
  6. Maestrolaker

Port Bruce

Was out Sunday wetting lines at 7:30 and off water at 3. Started in 50' and worked out to 67' Caught 3 nice eyes (3lb) around 52' on purple rapalas - deep divers running 100' on in line boards. Nothing at all on worm harness or spoons. Came back to 45' and marked alot of fish in 35-40 on the...
  7. Maestrolaker

Jordan

Lines in at 2, fished TIL 630. 4 for 6 with coho, rainbow, shaker and big chinook. Took herring rig on dipsey set at 115 out to 670 before it stopped....great tussle for my buds 14 yr old son. First time salmon fishing. Lots of fish 40ft down in 120. Was running 2.2-2.5 at ball and things...
  8. Maestrolaker

Off topic- fish hawk 4xd screen mount.

Just installed and thought I might put head on a gimble ball mount. I thought I had seen something about 1” ball but can’t seem to find again. Any input would br great. Thanks, maestrolaker
  9. Maestrolaker

Off topic - fish hawk x4d

Just purchased from angling outfitters for 999. Reading manuals seems to indicate a snubber at ball might be smart. The x4d breakaway only rated for 12 lb ball Running 16 lb balls.....any feedback with who makes good snubber for heavy ball? Looks like dreamweaver had some but can’t find. Is...
  10. Maestrolaker

off topic - abu garcia BC reel repairs SW Ontario

Can anyone advise where to get reels rebuilt. having drag and clutch problems on a couple 4500's I would like to get back in order. I am in KW but travel to London often. Thanks kindly
  11. Maestrolaker

cayo coco cuba

heading there shortly and interested in any input members have on fishing charters. I don't know the area at all but my experience tapping into the 68 group for other destinations has been great. Any feedback would be wonderfully appreciated.
  12. Maestrolaker

Costa Rica Fishing - Guanacaste Northern Pacific

Heading down to the Riu Palace in early January and looking for any Forum expertise on which charter I should connect with or if there are other options well known. I don't have a specific fish agenda but like to try and get ahead of this abit so I am not paying to troll lures around. Any...
  13. Maestrolaker

chamberlain releases

bought a couple of the releases earlier this year and thus far not really sold....I do like the release mechanism but find them a bit of a pain to work with on rigger line. I have always used a 24" release clip which you can grab, set and drop. i know there are a number of converts on sight so...
  14. Maestrolaker

Off topic - blowing fuses on Scotty downriggers

Hello all: Have a pair of Scotty 4 yr old elec riggers. Seems the auto retrieve is not disengaging when ball is up and blowing fuses. Been working fine then one starting tripping Friday and now both? Will start the research journey but thought I would tap the wealth of knowledge in the forum...
  15. Maestrolaker

LongPoint Ice Fishing - Any assistance greatly appreciated

Have never fished the Bay but looking for alternative to Lake Simcoe. Have argo and all the gear but looking for some basic input from anyone willing to share. What is best place to access bay with an argo.....or is it just as easy to walk out. Have no problem with 1M or so hike if needed...
  16. Maestrolaker

Lumpy at Bruce today

Went out around 1030 and pounded waves til 430. Once we hit 58 the east wind had no buffer and it was rolling. Landed 10 decent eyes and several nice bows....lost my last gold RRF!! On a break off. On way in the sounder lit up in 44-46'...have to think it was perch. Saw a few boats out but not...
  17. Maestrolaker

Lake O Saturday

Hit the water out of Oakville about 6:30 and fished til 6pm. No real pattern showing at all. Ended up 9/11 with mix of coho and chinook in the 2-8 lb range with 1 around 25lb landed late in day. most active depth was 120-130' on #3 dipseys 135' back running small (3-3.5" spoons) in purple green...
  18. Maestrolaker

Places to stay when fishing DR

coming from Kitchener and launching at coopers or lasalle on last wkd of April. Any advice on good places to stay....looking for place where boat is safe and where we can charge boat batteries....cost is imp but secondary....5 of us going. Any info appreciated...don't mind if we have to drive...
  19. Maestrolaker

Leamington

Heading out last weekend in April for a couple days on Detroit river. If river is not happening thinking I might swing over to leamington on the Sunday. Any insight whether too early or is this a good back up plan?
  20. Maestrolaker

Erieau

Have to head to Chatham to pick up boat early Saturday. Anyone hearing if there is any action at Erieau yet and if so any feedback would be wonderfully appreciated. Thanks
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks