Search results

1. Maestrolaker

Fishing St Maarten

I am heading down Feb 10 to Mar 10 and would greatly appreciate if anyone has any fishing contacts down there. From what I have seen the charters are few and I am looking for someone that likes to fish, not the tour boat guys. hoping to get 2-3 days on the water for sure. Thanks, Maestro
  2. Maestrolaker

Fishing Report The Niagara Bar

jumped on a last minute with Lyle yesterday. was super windy out of north so had to give up on river mouth after a few rough drifts. still had a great day with about 15 fish, mostly browns and an 18lb brown which is a PB. anyone looking for a good guide and fun trip, Lyle is top notch.
  3. Maestrolaker

sorry saw it in earlier part of stream. thanks
  4. Maestrolaker

hi rockin- may I ask who you used for a guide. I have gone out with Paul Castellano a number of times but he's full for Dec so looking for an alternative. Thanks, Maestro
  5. Maestrolaker

Off Topic GPS Trackers for toys

https://actiontrailers.ca/shop/inventory/rackem-equipment-racks-accessories/kycs-locate-theft-recovery-system-no-monthly-fees-locate-your-asset-once-a-day-everyday/ ignore the trailer url but we see alot of these in the recreational space we work in. they are about size of a small key fob and...
  6. Maestrolaker

Off Topic Giving back...for the kids

Great plan and great on you for showing the way.
  7. Maestrolaker

Off Topic My my my, how times have changed 🤔

I am fine with the fundraising and an advocate of making the kids do the work. We ran bbq's and did bottle drives routinely. kids soon found out that engaging customers in the bbq's in a fun way made more money, and putting out notices in neighborhoods a few nights before a bottle drive drove up...
  8. Maestrolaker

Exploring new Musky waters

Josh, you are the king of not only the photography but sharing with us the video experience. Reminds me of week I spend up in northern Manitoba each spring. Fabulous and thanks.
  9. Maestrolaker

Off Topic Cheating in a tournament

pretty interesting podcast with Ross Robertson and the two guys that run two of the big Erie tournaments these chaps have won in the past. The guy in charge of this specific tourney who cut the fish open was pretty well spoken, rational and logical and you can tell by just looking at him and...
  10. Maestrolaker

Quebec Moose Hunt 2023

Puddle Jumper, myself and 2 other buddies are looking for a moose hunt opportunity first week Oct 2023. Our preference is a fly-in but not averse to a drive in pending outfit. We have made a host of queries thus far and everyone is holding spots for their 2022 repeat customers so I thought I...
  11. Maestrolaker

new to Erie walleye

I think its clear that a few more rounds on the water will clear alot up. You've read lots of great tips on rod holders, troll speed, depth, kickers, setting the dipsey reel and letting it out and these guys are invaluable resources. I personally have never spent alot of time on L or R or port...
  12. Maestrolaker

Off Topic Yaleye Hooligan Dive Chart?

dont know the dive charts on these but we were doing same on boards with rapalas and bombers.....started flat lining some at 135 and added 2oz line weights to others til we started dialing depths in and then we couldn't get boards out before they were hit.
  13. Maestrolaker

Fishing Report Live Port Burpwell with @hvyhaul -July 31

fished out of burwell in am 645 lines in and out by 12. Headed straight out to 58' and dropped 2 dipseys back 65 and 80 with spoons and gold RRF and kept moving them back over time to 120, and 4 boards with deep diving bombers in blueberry muffin and blue/silver/red back 120-140'. Started...
  14. Maestrolaker

Jigging Lakers

That is an awesome day and I am always impressed with the incredible photography. Love laker jigging and this looks like a ton of fun. Thanks Josh. Keep those photos coming
  15. Maestrolaker

Off Topic Nippissing west arm

given the cold water i would focus on river inlets and river mouth and adjacent bays and try jig/minnow combos we fish alot of northern water in spring and walleye activity is typically best in the river, at the mouth and in the shallow water around the mouth. we sometimes use spinner rigs but...
  16. Maestrolaker

Fishing Report Trip to Temagami

If you are chasing walleye, I would definitely look for the river inlets and head up river and fish break lines where you find them. anchor and vertical jig. If you find small ones only, I would head out to the inlet mouth and fish some of the shallow water at and around the inlet casting jigs...
  17. Maestrolaker

Dum question on salmon trolling reels

It's just a personal preference. The mooching reels are alot of fun for some and an antiquated PITA for others and I respect that. I personally find the fight to be alot more fun and am not overly concerned about losing the odd fish though can't say that's been any more of an issue than off the...
  18. Maestrolaker

Lake O live

Yes that was us. It was quite the ride from Jordan back to Dalhousie. Saturday at Niagara Bar proved to be alot more pleasant. Went 12/17 with 2 coho, 2 laker, 1 rainbow and 7 nice Chinook. Fished 7-12:30 in 20-30' of water running green/glow spoons 100' back with 2oz line weights. Hope you...
  19. April16.jpg

April16.jpg

20. April 16.jpg

April 16.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks