Search results

1. Puddle Jumper

North shore

I have tomorrow off work so I plan on taking my boat somewhere to start the motor break in Forecast don't look good for south shore or longpoint ....so thinking I'll go to Bronte or Oakville ....can always play in the channel ....but north wind shouldn't be an issue Is it worth taking rods or...
  2. Puddle Jumper

Fire extinguisher

This is my first boat with a built in gas tank It came with a fire extinguisher and it's still in the green My question is .....do they expire or require inspection or recertification??
  3. Puddle Jumper

Leadcore

Just made a road trip to Grimsby tackle today . Purchased the bulk 1000 yard spool of 27 lb Stealthcore, leadcore line. About to respool all my reels for duel purpose lake O and lake erie. 150 yards PowerPoint hi viz backing 20' of 25lb Abrazx fluorocarbon Thinking of making 2 x 7 colour...
  4. Puddle Jumper

Off Topic Stealth core ...leadcore

I am thinking about changing all my leadcore rods So that they have the same diameter and lb test I currently have 18, 27 lb and micro leadcore I am considering buying the 1000 yard spool of 27 lb stealth core from fish USA ( salmon fishing also) It only has 2 colour segments ( black / red)...
  5. Puddle Jumper

Off Topic Planner mast with electric riggers.

I recently inherited 17' starcraft side console In process of mounting track system for riggers and rod holders . But I would like to make and install a planner mast at front for big boards. I have spare big Jon electric riggers and am thinking about using them on planner mast. Has anyone...
  6. Puddle Jumper

Eyes on the lake

Slight chance work doesn't need me today ? Should now in 30 min Wondering if anyone has eyes on the lake Central buoy says 1.3 ' waves so guessing 3 ' actual
  7. Puddle Jumper

Burwell help / starting point / info share

I am heading to Port burwell in the morning with a coworker. Will be first trip to Burwell and having fished lake erie in 6 weeks. Is there any specific direction to head or depth to set up in ?? Usually I head south and set up in 56 fow and troll south until we find, Mark, catch fish...
  8. Puddle Jumper

Fishing Report Port Glasgow live - June 11

Launched around 7 am Stopped and looked for marks on way out ....started marking fish in 46 for....set 3 rods ...2 dipsy and an 8 colour lead 1st fish in 5 min ..... No 3 in the live well and missed 2 screamers 2 on wonderbread spoon on dipsy 80 back 1/ 2 ....chartreuse backed pink panty...
  9. Puddle Jumper

Port Glasgow sunday morning

Our plan is to try Port Glasgow tomorrow (Sunday morning) hope to be on the water around 7 am Will be my first outing this year. If anyone is willing or wanting to share info on the water ....feel free to PM for my cell # As I am unsure of the boat name or vhf call sign That I will be...
  10. Puddle Jumper

Fishing sunday ....info share

Is anyone planning on fishing Sunday ? What are your thoughts on forecast? Old sailflow ... looks good ? Considering going to Port glascow or the elbow tomorrow....not sure which yet ? ( up too the captain)
  11. Puddle Jumper

Off Topic Lake simcoe east side

Planning on heading up yo lake simcoe tomorrow for afternoon evening fish Thinking Pefflaw wondering if anyone has info on where to park and to get minnows ....haven't fished east side in years and only Beaverton area Staying nite in Orillia then fishing again somewhere Sunday morning
  12. Puddle Jumper

Off Topic Ice report

Has anyone heard of any safe (ish) ice or any huts anywhere. Within 2 hours of Kitchener I would like to get out fishing over Christmas Wondering what cooks bay or lake Couchiching is like
  13. Puddle Jumper

Fishing Report Port Bruce august 2

Amazing nite Got to the launch around 4 Took our time going out 2 -2.5 ' waves out of SW Went out SW to 60 fow and started trolling SE 2nd rod goes off before getting 3rd rod in . 3 rd goes off before 4th rod is in . Had steady action turned around at 64 fow and started heading North...
  14. Puddle Jumper

Eyes on the lake August 2nd

Any one able to give me a report of lake conditions Buoy says 1.6 so 3 ' and old sailflow site I use says wind should drop after lunch. I am hopefull ( wishfull) to get out tonight ?? As I am holidays this week and not sure if weeks forecast will allow me to get out ??
  15. Puddle Jumper

Off Topic Port Maitland info wantee

A friend of mine invited me to join him Sunday morning . He is leaving his boat at inlaws property for rest of summer so doesn't have to haul the trailer / boat back and forth. Neither of us have ever fished Port Maitland before So I am looking for info on what best launch is ? How early have...
  16. Puddle Jumper

Eyes on the lake

Hoping to get out on Erie tonight 2 boats both 22' fiberglass Stanley buoy says 1.3' so 2.6 should be realistic And old sailflow says 12 - 15 knots tonight Wondering if anybody has eyes on the lake ? Thinking of going to Glasgow but could just as easily go to Burwell or Bruce
  17. Puddle Jumper

Off Topic Wanted

I am looking for a mettalic pink/ purple Walker deeper diver ( 107 ?) Same as photo And Silver streak pink alewife in both standard and mag sizes Picture below are of blue and green alewife as I've lost all my pinks If anyone notices a tackle shop that has them or if someone has some...
  18. Puddle Jumper

Off Topic Glascow live July 25

Heading to glascow now for first Erie trip of the year Any info or starting point would be appreciated 11 / 12 so far 2 throw backs Started 55 fow went to 100 turned around to troll with waves Dipsy 3 back 85 wonderbread 3/4 fish Dipsy 3 back 55 and 65 back blueberry /chart back...
  19. Puddle Jumper

Eyes on the lake

Heading to glascow now for first Erie trip of the year Any info or starting point would be appreciated
  20. Puddle Jumper

Any eyes on the lake

In the truck heading to Erie now First trip of the year to erie
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks