Search results

1. C

Can't seem to find

the post I submitted for vaccine availability, yes off topic but kind of effect's us all, and could maybe direct other's to a needle if they wanted? it kinda does effect all of us that hunt or fish? what the hell?
  2. C

Yotes

Spoke with the local group here last weekend, they hunt, give or take, 5 km area around here, Thamesford. They were at 119 yotes, looking to pass 120, sure they did. Said best was about 4 or 5 yrs ago and topped 160. Not saying I've counting them all, but the odd time I meet up with them, they...
  3. C

Off Topic- Generator's

Watching the millions without power in Texas, decided to fire up my genny yesterday, tuned and ran in the fall, but old brigg's and strat was having none of it in yesterday's cold. Did get it humming away eventually, but took a bit, wouldn't have been to happy if needed at 3 AM? Curious how many...
  4. C

Off Topic. High Voltage? AC/DC

Great album, but? if you live in the rural, or travel the back rd's, copper thieves' are busy right now. When I have to go to town, my trip covers a few concessions, and I usually take a different rout each time. Every rd here, were the hydro grid has a ground wire attachment has been scooped...
  5. C

Off Topic, Green House

Anyone have one and how is it? Wifey has wanted one for a while, we've had the deck blow away models, and even the instant white car port garage, nature got them all? So I'm thinking, depending on price of course, a hard frame model. Stand up size, big enough for a chair. Think she see's it as a...
  6. C

Fresh Perch $$$

Fresh perch, Wheatly, $17.95 per lb, fresh pickeral $9.95 per lb, nice size fillet's, not to big. Tugs are running out of Kingsville fishing Pelee Island area if you decide to head out??
  7. C

Off Topic? Rat

27 yrs here, rural, and never even had a mouse. Now I have Mc Giver rat. My fault, let downstairs basement door sill go south and now he's in. Easy fix but don't want to lock him in either?? He's smart, oh so smart. Have a trap line set up that would make any northern trapper proud. Glue...
  8. C

Deer Butcher's

Looking for any in the St. Thomas area threw to Woodstock, I normally do my own, have for yrs, but getting lazy in old age? That and the big guy I shoot this yr will probably be to big to handle??? There was a add last yr on Kijiji for a couple guys near New Sarum, I lost the info. Any info for...
  9. C

Food Plot's

Toying with the idea of a small food plot, and looking at our garden for idea's. Mostly for viewing, deer find it yrly snacking on late season growth. Looking at a 30 x 30 or so, spot out back by our pond, still visible from the house. Chard, spinach and the dreaded kale grow well into Dec...
  10. C

Young hunter's

Working at the edge of property today cleaning up, burning dead pine. Two young guy's stop looking to hunt deer in the bush here. told them no, but before I could explain that the first part of the season is all about me, maybe later, they started in how I was just another privaledged land...
  11. C

Elderberry's

Those that like the purple pie's, might want to check your secret patch's? they're ready now and a good crop this yr, seem's early compared to other yrs. Birds are hitting them hard
  12. C

Off Topic- Mask

With mask being mandatory now, just wondered what everybody is using? I've been wearing one for quite awhile now, but that said, have seldom gone out anywhere to require one, and if out and about, I'm in and out of anyplace in short order. Never would have thought a mask was that confining, but...
  13. C

Covid Parking $$$

Listening to AM talk radio today, they did a segment on Orilla, Barrie, municiple boat ramps and beach parking rates. $10 bucks or so if your local, $50 bucks if your from out of town. Premier Ford said sounded like gouging and was "going to look into it". Kinda agreed until a couple of locals...
  14. C

Bill has to go?

We've had a rather large old snapper living in our pond now for yrs, BILL, probably a acre of water and he/she has never really been a pain. But now as he or she continues to grow, probably almost 2 feet wide, think its time it moves. Only one there, not going to shoot it, not looking for a...
  15. C

Off Topic, Covid $$

Just thought I'd throw it out there. Any that haven't received a discount for their vehicle insurance, call, And demand a discount for the less travelling during our new normal? Saved close to $200 hunny here for wifey and I, and our folks who hardly drive, ( and shouldn't be, chat for another...
  16. C

Off topic, but funny

So when this C19 shit happened, we still needed eggs. Have a coop, just haven't used it for a few yr's. Found a local deal on a couple of yr old egg birds and a rooster. Pretty clear they were caged birds as it took a week for them to come out of the coop, didn't need the rooster but never...
  17. C

Movie's

Who's watched what during this C19 abyss? Here, Brave Heart, Apocolips Now, The Warrior's, now there's some 70's grease. Of course, Good Fella's Rooster Colbourn, the original Saving Private Ryan Probably just a partial list, Plus, wife-y has found a station playing all Little House on the...
  18. C

Though times

Happy 4- 20 all, social distance, no sharing, better times coming
  19. C

Food Banks

We argue about such peddy stuff here, my self included. Food banks are running short now, and I know we all give what we can, and we are going to have to give even more, we're Canadian's, we will. Even if we could throw a switch today, end C19, the number's out of work won't change for a long...
  20. C

Do Trout

Do trout eat mosquitoes larvae, have a large pond that I have had trout in before, deep enough and cool enough for them, land locked, and they do fine. They don't over winter though? Not sure if it's oxygen levels due to ice\freeze up or spring run in from peat swamp? Concern is, I get my...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks